Flaming angel passing by

I think the main take away's here are that you have some growing to do as far as MB2 is concerned.

1. Dueling is without a doubt the most mechanically complex part of MB2, and the meta is evolving with each saber update patch. I've played this game on and off, a lot longer than 5 years and I am a mediocre duelist at best. I've seen similar posts from other players where they have mentioned practice, practice practice. This is honestly key, I can be dueling very well if I play consistently every day and keep my skill-set sharp but if I take a couple of days off, the rust gathers quickly. My recommendation is if you want to get good results from dueling, then (as with anything in life) put the time and effort into practicing and you'll get back what you put in. It'll suck for a while as you will lose a lot but eventually if you stick with it, you will start to win.

2. The 'Grow a backbone' comment has some truth to it, it's maybe not the way I'd have phrased it xD ... However, it hits the nail on the head. You need to just suck it up and not take it too seriously. It is a Game. There are a lot of younger players who enjoy trolling but as someone mentioned before, they are the vocal minority. Just don't get involved in the toxic chat and you'll be fine. If someone says you suck just ignore it and carry on.

As far as learning from the player base.. I can personally name several people from all of the prominent dueling clans/communities that are very experienced, skilled and would help. So the help is out there, and in abundance.