First impressions as a high ping player

Love the star wars idea, but my gosh its a honeypot for high ping players with no local servers. Playing as basically any class grants a difficult time playing the mod, especially as jedi. Not to mention the skill curve as a new player and the lack of time to refine skills, it makes it difficult for me to hang on to playing and recommend it to others. With some community members not being very helpful or accommodating in servers (rather showing off by ganging on you and teabagging), its just a crappy experience after attempting to make it work for months now. I really can't be bothered from here playing the mod, but I can atleast share my experience as a long time star wars fan, star wars game fan and just PC game player. Surely I am not alone in this. Not too sure how you can fix it, apart from perhaps promoting it more in the Australia/Oceanic area so people can download and play the mod. Another suggestion would be creating a mode that can switch back to what it felt like with the game mechanics in Outcast and Jedi Academy. Being complex with blocks and swings in the right place just doesn't work unless you are local and not everybody has that luxury.

The amount of games that can handle high ping is few to the point of nonexistence. If you were playing a co-op puzzle game I could agree more with your sentiment but this is a highly complex real time game. I am sorry that you cannot find many more Australians to play with but the team promotes the game every way it can already. Unless the players over there make a effort to promote it themselves you can only hope players will find the game on their own as it grows in popularity. About the rude players, this community sticks to more traditional gamer culture and has a lot of good and bad apples. I have met enough kind players over where I am to help me with the stuff I could not figure out on my own. The only way to make a better culture is to make it yourself, and I assure you that many people do their best to do that here. As for the difficulty, any amount of research into the mod tells you that you should expect a to put in a bigger time sink than other games to 'git gud'. The community tries to provide tutorials in the forums and others like me try to put a few on youtube. The devs are also putting new tutorial missions into the game to help ease new players into the experience anyway. The forums and outdated in-game library were more than enough for me. You can do really cool stuff in the game once you get the hang of it, and playing casually is still a ball because of how wacky the game can be. The amount of players that play on higher ping servers regularly is a testament to that. I am sorry that you are leaving with a sour taste in your mouth either way. I suggest classic Battlefront 2 for the kind of experience that you are looking for.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Surely I am not alone in this. Not too sure how you can fix it, apart from perhaps promoting it more in the Australia/Oceanic area so people can download and play the mod

This is basically all we can do, but haven't done a promotion push in a while as we want to get a few things done before we do a big promo push. The game and engine is just too old and there isn't much we can do about the networking situation to make it better on higher pings sadly.