Unconfirmed Discord Rich Presence option not saving

As the title says. The option to enable this never saves me for even after I close the game normally. Is there a workaround?

Fuse294

Internal Beta Team
Open the console when next ingame and type "cg_discord 1".

This was happening to me, I tried that and it stays on now.

D

Deleted member 8224

Depending on what engine you use, JAMP or OpenJK. (You can check in Launcher settings, if using Windows).

For JAMP, write this AFTER executing the command above:
writeconfig jampconfig

For OpenJK write:
writeconfig openjk

Alternatively, you can also create an autoexec file, which will auto execute on game launch. Just remember to overwrite this config whenever you change a setting:
writeconfig autoexec

If none of the above works, unsure what the problem could be.

EDIT: You can also check if your config(s) aren't set to "Read only" in the right click > properties option.

Depending on what engine you use, JAMP or OpenJK. (You can check in Launcher settings, if using Windows).

For JAMP, write this AFTER executing the command above:
writeconfig jampconfig

For OpenJK write:
writeconfig openjk

Alternatively, you can also create an autoexec file, which will auto execute on game launch. Just remember to overwrite this config whenever you change a setting:
writeconfig autoexec

If none of the above works, unsure what the problem could be.

EDIT: You can also check if your config(s) aren't set to "Read only" in the right click > properties option.
First off I didn't even know I could run on two different engines. Shows how much I know. So I swapped to openJK. Second the first solution worked perfectly it's now turned on permanently. Thanks for your help shottyz!

Last edited:

Fuse294

Internal Beta Team
First off I didn't even know I could run on two different engines. Shows how much I know. So I swapped to openJK. Second the first solution worked perfectly it's now turned on permanently. Thanks for your help shottyz!
I'm glad that the first solution helped you and equally glad that you learned something new. OpenJK is much better for playing MB2 with IMO.

You run into any other problems in future please speak up, problems don't get fixed if people stay quiet.