Disappointed no Single Player

I'm a huge fan of Jedi Academy and was very excited for this mod, until I realized it's only multiplayer.
There are so many cool things in this game but I won't be able to experience them without getting another human to take the role of a specific enemy at a specific time of day.
It also betrays the title of the game, and I made a joke about this when I first joined a game.
I said "Wow it's just like the movies" and the response was "jest" because people immediately recognize how ridiculous it is to compare this game to the movies.
As soon as you make it multiplayer any resemblance the game had to a real movie scene is completely lost. Now I have to deal with a bunch of morons screaming and blasting me in the face with weapons I have no chance of understanding because the tutorial makes the game crash.

I'll never play this game unless someone implements single player missions. All you need is a map with a bunch of enemies from the original game dotted around the place.
It cannot be more difficult than implementing networking.

I genuinely will never understand why someone would take such an awesome concept and reduce it to an unreal tournament server

This mod is actually amazingly well made for movie scene battles, especially if full authentic mode is played on servers. Especially on maps like Deathstar, Naboo (dotf), battle of coruscant, etc...
The learning curve is very steep in this mod, I play for 4 years now and I am still very bad compared to most players, but that didn't stop me from acting like a maniac, shoot around and swing sabers around (without any idea what I'm doing) and have fun doing it.
The community here can be.... oh well, hard to deal with, but once you relax a bit (go insane) you can enjoy this game much better.
I suggest you give it few more tries before quitting.

I'm a huge fan of Jedi Academy and was very excited for this mod, until I realized it's only multiplayer.
There are so many cool things in this game but I won't be able to experience them without getting another human to take the role of a specific enemy at a specific time of day.
It also betrays the title of the game, and I made a joke about this when I first joined a game.
I said "Wow it's just like the movies" and the response was "jest" because people immediately recognize how ridiculous it is to compare this game to the movies.
As soon as you make it multiplayer any resemblance the game had to a real movie scene is completely lost. Now I have to deal with a bunch of morons screaming and blasting me in the face with weapons I have no chance of understanding because the tutorial makes the game crash.

I'll never play this game unless someone implements single player missions. All you need is a map with a bunch of enemies from the original game dotted around the place.

I genuinely will never understand why someone would take such an awesome concept and reduce it to an unreal tournament server
A reasonable take. Movie Battles 2 is still fundamentally a Jedi Academy expansion, unsure if you’re only trying legends but open is for all intents and purposes what the mod is. When you can, try open instead of legends for a more authentic mb2 experience. If you’re really looking for battles that are of the movies, try and play the Full Authentic game mode. It includes characters and weapons that are canon for whatever map you happen to be on. Like any game, you just have to play against and with each weapon to understand them. They’re pretty easy to figure out. Try and find some low pop (preferably open game mode) servers to be able to figure the game out more. Movie duels is another mod that I think is actually about movie oriented fighting so you could check that out if not.

As soon as you make it multiplayer any resemblance the game had to a real movie scene is completely lost.
This is true in modern time. you may thanks the general diminished brain power coming in and after 2010 on the web. Majority is now of lesser intellectual level and culture to understand and share roleplay soft gameplay. You can have a fourteen tbag you as his only means to express instead.

You can start a private server (local, click "create game" in the menu) if you did enable devmode 1 (More on that via Google...) You may spawn any NPC present in your files (added or native). While having MB2 running I guess.

This is true in modern time. you may thanks the general diminished brain power coming in and after 2010 on the web. Majority is now of lesser intellectual level and culture to understand and share roleplay soft gameplay. You can have a fourteen tbag you as his only means to express instead.

You can start a private server (local, click "create game" in the menu) if you did enable devmode 1 (More on that via Google...) You may spawn any NPC present in your files (added or native). While having MB2 running I guess.
Valkerie more like bitch retard.,

All you need is another mod, called "movie duels". its basically the same thing, but single plyr only.