Different weapon models for different characters?

How to do this? Like stormies have 'Stormtrooper Grenade' model instead of 'Frag Grenade'. Or some of characters have DH-17 instead of E-11. First Order stormtroopers have their pistols and guns.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I would like to point out the view from first person for most of the skins is broken especially droids. It is showing hands of a different model.
Might be good to get to know how to do that right too.

DC-15S skin for Westar M5 pls

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
It's hardcoded, so good luck trying to give custom guns and stuff to custom playermodels without the source code

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
It would be really cool if there were a screen similar to the lightsaber hilt selection screen for other weapons. All the hard coded cosmetic gun differences between models should be player choice. Might as well allow players to choose between the 3 different frag grenade models too. Perhaps even allow the player to choose color for specific guns (pistols could be red/green/yellow, bowcaster could be red/green). It's not any less immersive than Luke running around with two purple blade Desann hilts.

Only issue would be some guns currently have visual differences based on what abilities the player has (M5 model changes with sniper/grenade attachment, P3 has a different colored nozzle, clone rifle has 3 different models depending on level and if you have blobs), but I don't think it would be a big deal to lose that. In every case except CR3 no blobs the model difference is very subtle and hardly noticeable. You can even hide the P3 model difference currently by playing Kyle who always has a Bryar at any level.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
can't have =/= don't need

i don't really care enough to debate this though, if they do add dc-15s - just add it as a weapon skin rather than westar m5.

Or add DC-15S as an E-11 skin and grant it as an option for both Arc and Clone. E-11 is the basic normal weapon, similar to pistol, should be available on most classes.