•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Creating dedicated server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I have no knowledge of how to create a server. But give everyone some information. Are you running it on a machine yourself or are you planning to purchase a host?

Simple, Download JampDed and get the Server Bat from me;)
After that, u just put jampded.exe into your gamedata folder, same as with the server bat.
Then you go to MBII Folder Edit the Server Cfg, about how you want it to have.
Then you go to your router, allow port 29070 and 29071.
And when you finished everything up, Start the server.bat to run the server.

Btw: Make sure you make the .txt too .bat since stupid Forum rules don't allow me to upload .bat files for what ever reason.

Attachments

• MBIIServer.txt
    97 bytes · Views: 1,062
------- Game Initialization -------
gamename: Movie Battles II V1.3
gamedate: Aug 5 2015
g_gametype 3 is out of range, defaulting to 7
BAN Warning: file cannot be opened for reading: banIP.dat
------------------------------------------------------------
InitGame: \fraglimit\20\timelimit\20\sv_hostname\test\sv_maxclients\16\sv_maxRate\10000\sv_minPing\0\sv_maxPing\0\sv_floodProtect\1\g_maxGameClients\0\sv_maxConnections\2\roundlimit\15\g_Authenticity\0\g_MinMBPoints\4\g_AllowedHeroClasses\0\g_AllowedVillainClasses\0\g_timePeriod\0\g_EUAllowed\1\g_TKPointsSpecCount\500\g_TKPointsKickCount\750\g_TKPointsRemovedPerRound\50\g_TKPointsForgiveAfterRounds\2\g_TKPointsMinorFriendly\1\g_FullSpecTalkToPlayers\1\g_HideHUDFromSpecs\0\version\(internal)JAmp: v1.0.1.0 win-x86 Oct 30 2003\dmflags\0\capturelimit\20\g_maxHolocronCarry\3\g_privateDuel\1\g_saberLocking\1\g_maxForceRank\6\duel_fraglimit\10\g_forceBasedTeams\0\g_duelWeaponDisable\1\g_gametype\7\g_needpass\0\protocol\26\mapname\mb2_duel_votj\sv_privateClients\0\sv_allowDownload\0\g_noSpecMove\0\gamename\Movie Battles II V1.3\g_gravity\800\g_SiegeClassQueue\aaaaaaaaaaaa\bg_fighterAltControl\0
Gametype changed, clearing session data.
gsess mallocd
*******************ERROR: This gametype is not currently supported in Movie Battles********************
Resolving masterjk3.ravensoft.com
masterjk3.ravensoft.com resolved to 104.40.82.212:29060
Sending heartbeat to masterjk3.ravensoft.com
Sending heartbeat to masterjk3.ravensoft.com
ShutdownGame:
------------------------------------------------------------
Error: BotLibShutdown: bot library used before being setup
DROPPED
Hitch warning: 1820456919 msec frame time

What am I doing wrong? I don't know how to configurate this shit properly, I forwarded ports, installed everything but can't get it to work. Dymb, HALP!

I've posted error message I got in spoiler.

"*******************ERROR: This gametype is not currently supported in Movie Battles********************"
This one might be the case, i've had this prob many times, not being able to change the gametype...
But that might not be the only case, what map did you chose?

mb2_duel_votj

The line in server.cfg goes: map mb2_duel_votj, right? Also I post my server.cfg.

// Server Config
seta sv_hostname "test"
//seta g_motd "woot"
//rconpassword "a clever password"

// gametypes
// 0 = FFA
// 3 = DUEL one on one tournament
// 4 = POWER DUEL
// 6 = TEAM DEATHMATCH
// 7 = SIEGE
// 8 = CTF
set g_gametype 3

seta sv_maxclients 16
seta g_inactivity 0
sv_maxRate 10000
set g_allowvote 1
set timelimit 20
set capturelimit 20
set g_autoMapCycle 1

map mb2_duel_votj
Also the server.cfg is from base folder not MBII as you posted before.

Ok, now I don't get any errors, thanks, but I am left with command console

[...]
Resolving master.qtracker.com
master.qtracker.com resolved to 63.144.111.10:29060
Sending heartbeat to master.qtracker.com
Hitch warning: 1779 msec frame time

and nothing happens. What is supposed to happen? I run MBIIServer.bat console opens and then what?

Also, I changed master servers to new ones:
master.moviebattles.org
master2.moviebattles.org

JampDed is a little outdated, maybe openkded for windows is a better solution.
I will try it later if everything else fails. Perhaps I will do a clean install.

Right now I can't connect to it at all. I tried checking my IP and using /connect (myIP):29071 but it doesn't work :<
Also if I change gametype from 7 to 3 I get error (Error: BotLibShutdown: bot library used before being setup) and server doesn't start at all.

TeKilla

Donator
maybe is some kind of port conflict.
Add +set net_port 29075 into your command line to force a different port

And dont change seta g_gametype parameters

Last edited:
you can also try to connect to localhost:29071 or whatever port you need. If it works, then the problem is with your router/firewall not allowing the connection. If it doesn't work than it can be anything. Or run the server and try the 'netstat -a' command from the command prompt or how it's called on windows. If it lists your server listening on the port, then I think it also means that the firewall/router settings are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.