•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Crashing when trying to join a team in MP

Bos

Hello,
So this problem has started recently as in last night after a few rounds of playing whenever I would load into a server and click the join button to select a team it just disconnects me and says:a
1589059609485.png

I've tried verifying steam cache and it recovered two files this didn't fix the problem, I tried repairing game installation from the launcher itself and this once again did not fix the problem. For some reason despite having logging on it doesn't actually log any info as far as I know. I've also updated my graphics drivers to the newest one I could find. I just don't understand what causes this problem or why it just popped out of the abyss randomly. I've also tried multiple servers running multiple maps and still the moment I click the join button when in the server it drops me back to the menu and shows me this. For some reason every time I verify steam cache and then try to play after it still does this but I can also re-verify the game cache and it will say once again 2 files were missing. I even went out of the way to remove any remodel packs I had in my folder.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I've tried verifying steam cache and it recovered two files this didn't fix the problem, <...>
For some reason every time I verify steam cache and then try to play after it still does this but I can also re-verify the game cache and it will say once again 2 files were missing
This is (probably) fine.
This is (probably) consequences of "Steam renaming thing", which is necessary to run Movie Battles with Steam integration.

You should stop verifying files via Steam, and you should start repairing installation via MBII Launcher:
MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.
For some reason despite having logging on it doesn't actually log any info as far as I know.
Make sure you're searching logs in a correct folder ("Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs").
Make sure you don't have double installation of Jedi Academy, so you're searching logs in a correct path (check the whole path, keeping in mind there may be a second copy of JA somewhere on your computer).

Post a screenshot of MBII Launcher => Settings.
Post screenshots of "Jedi Academy\GameData", "Jedi Academy\GameData\base" and "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII" folder, where all files could be seen, AND where full path in the Explorer address bar could be seen (do NOT crop the screenshots).

Perform ALL the steps above, post all required screenshots.
Do not cherry-pick any pieces in my solution.

Bos

This is (probably) fine.
This is (probably) consequences of "Steam renaming thing", which is necessary to run Movie Battles with Steam integration.

You should stop verifying files via Steam, and you should start repairing installation via MBII Launcher:
MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

Make sure you're searching logs in a correct folder ("Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs").
Make sure you don't have double installation of Jedi Academy, so you're searching logs in a correct path (check the whole path, keeping in mind there may be a second copy of JA somewhere on your computer).

Post a screenshot of MBII Launcher => Settings.
Post screenshots of "Jedi Academy\GameData", "Jedi Academy\GameData\base" and "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII" folder, where all files could be seen, AND where full path in the Explorer address bar could be seen (do NOT crop the screenshots).

Perform ALL the steps above, post all required screenshots.
Do not cherry-pick any pieces in my solution.

While attempting to fix my issues prior to you posting this I had just decided to reinstall the mod itself which seems to have fixed the problem altogether. So i'm assuming it was a missing file or a corrupt file that was causing the issues.