Concussion grenades

Tried them out the other day, haven't really been using them much at all and don't see other players use them much either. I used to think that their knockdown effect had a longer duration similar to what pulse nades have, and wouldn't it be logical for them to have it - it's a CONCUSSION grenade after all? However if they had the same knockdown duration as pulse nade that would seem OP as a soldier can have 2 of them and 3 lives at the same time. Maybe i'm just stupid and they used to have this but were nerfed.

Tried them out the other day, haven't really been using them much at all and don't see other players use them much either. I used to think that their knockdown effect had a longer duration similar to what pulse nades have, and wouldn't it be logical for them to have it - it's a CONCUSSION grenade after all? However if they had the same knockdown duration as pulse nade that would seem OP as a soldier can have 2 of them and 3 lives at the same time. Maybe i'm just stupid and they used to have this but were nerfed.
they are hella good

learn to play

:cool:

What makes conc nades good isnt the knockdown duration, its the ability to decide when they blow up. Secondary frag nades only blow up on contact with any type of surface, and you cant throw them as far as a conc nade, but being able to prime conc nades in your hand can let you throw a grenade at top speed and have it detonate mid air at any point that you choose. you could throw a nade at a group and not worry about it detonating on the first person it touches, instead it will go past the first 2 people and detonate right in the middle, doing the most damage and knocking over the largest amount of people. It's also hard to push well timed conc nades, because they can be timed to detonate less than a second after it leaves the hand of the gunner.

Thanks for replies, I pointed out that i did not use them pretty much at all during my time at mb2 and was curious what others think of them.