•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Computer restart on startup of base game + JAMP missing on the install of MB2

My issue is... the title, unsurprisingly.

Unfortunately, since I tried to uninstall move battles to play the single player the other night, I've been having issues while trying to reinstall. Like... the base game forcing my computer to restart, even after I did several fresh installs and completely uninstalled MBII and Jedi Academy itself.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Sorry, but... this has nothing to do with Movie Battles. The way it is installed, it literally cannot break your base game. Whatever issue you're having is completely unrelated.

You should also be aware that with Steam, uninstalling a game will _not_ remove files that were not added by Steam. This means that if you have an incorrect game config (for instance) that that will be persistent. You would need to manually delete it.

Sorry, but... this has nothing to do with Movie Battles. The way it is installed, it literally cannot break your base game. Whatever issue you're having is completely unrelated.

You should also be aware that with Steam, uninstalling a game will _not_ remove files that were not added by Steam. This means that if you have an incorrect game config (for instance) that that will be persistent. You would need to manually delete it.
I'm fairly certain I did delete it. I went in to jedi academy on steam and manually deleted everything in there, then deleted it on steam, followed by uninstalling movie battles through the launcher and then deleting the launcher. Then I tried that a second time. The issue only seems to occur after I attempt to install movie battles. JA will crash, and if I let it go long enough, it will forcefully restart my PC.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
If you did as you said then there is nothing of Movie Battles remaining on your computer (except perhaps some MBII launcher settings in Appdata, but those are completely irrelevant to anything except the launcher itself). It cannot be the cause of your issues.

Generally speaking you're falling for the post hoc fallacy. Just because something happened before something else, does not mean they are related at all.

It is also very strange for Jedi Academy to be able to crash Windows at all on a modern PC. This strongly implies there is some other significant issue (such as overheating or other bad hardware, faulty drivers, third party software like poorly written antivirus, or even lack of hardware resources on a low end computer) that is the actual cause of the crash / reboot.

If you did as you said then there is nothing of Movie Battles remaining on your computer (except perhaps some MBII launcher settings in Appdata, but those are completely irrelevant to anything except the launcher itself). It cannot be the cause of your issues.

Generally speaking you're falling for the post hoc fallacy. Just because something happened before something else, does not mean they are related at all.

It is also very strange for Jedi Academy to be able to crash Windows at all on a modern PC. This strongly implies there is some other significant issue (such as overheating or other bad hardware, faulty drivers, third party software like poorly written antivirus, or even lack of hardware resources on a low end computer) that is the actual cause of the crash / reboot.
I tried the process of what I've explained before to no effect, until I set the JAMP.exe to run in windows 7 comp mode, which seems to have been the only fix, despite the fact that the game worked fine before I tried to uninstall and reinstall MBII a few nights prior.