Chat range mod

I had this idea a while ago and it would potentially open up a lot of cool RP shit in the mod. I know a lot of the dev's don't really see a place for RP as it isn't the intention of the mod, but it wouldn't stop people playing seriously and has the chance to widen the community quite some (look at Gmod for example, the sole purpose it's still alive is because of user made RP game modes.)

The key thing that would be needed to start this off is a mod which take into consideration your distance on a map compared to another player and show your messages in chat only to those who are nearby you, not to the whole game irregardless of your location.

I do believe something has been coded into Jedi Academy before in this gamemode - RPMod Web » Home

"[NEW] Chat ranges! fully customizable on the Client side with Cvar rpc_chatRange_*" is listed in one of the change logs.

Someone be a tank and make this work in MBII or make your own version of it, if/when the round timer from duel mode is disabled, the mod really could be a decent platform to RP in.

Upvote 0
Maps are quite big and sometimes when you're stuck you need to ask for someone to hack certain console to open a door or things of that nature, plus general chat would be weird rip. I don't think it'd be practical tbh.

Maps are quite big and sometimes when you're stuck you need to ask for someone to hack certain console to open a door or things of that nature, plus general chat would be weird rip. I don't think it'd be practical tbh.
Well its best suited for an RP mode like I said.

Ideally an option for global chat and normal chat would be good, one which is ‘out of character’ (global) and one which is ‘in character’ (local)

I fail to see how this feature would improve mb2 in any way
thats why i put it in ‘mod requests’ and acknowledged that the dev team wouldn’t put it in the game

you might be the slap master but you clearly arent the master of reaDING AHAHSJHAH

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
would be better to have something like that for voice commands and have them be directional, so you can spy on enemy voice chats. (i know you can already hear them but it gives you no directional cue or anything just mono)

This could tie into voip in mb2 too.