Character customization, player profiles and ranks

I’ve been playing Movie Battles II on and off for about 5 years. I first got it in 2017 after the disappointment (for me) that was Battlefront 2. The biggest appeal to me has been the complexity of the saber combat, which you don’t see anywhere else in any SW games. It makes you feel like you’re in one of the duel scenes from the movie and I love that, it hasn’t been replicated in any other game.

Having said that, I’ve had a few ideas that I think could modernize this mod a bit without giving up its charm or identity, as well as personalize the experience a bit for new and old players alike.

First, I think a way to customize your character model, at least for certain classes would be awesome. Perhaps folks could choose to use their player-character as opposed to an in-universe character while playing a class, with outfit/equipment obviously determined by what class they are playing as. I think it would be a cool thing to customize a Jedi-class character model where we can pick from a pre set list of faces, hairstyles, body types and even class-based outfit components. Then choose to use these characters in-game. Not sure if it’s even possible or if it would have to be done in a separate client where the model is then injected into the game, but I really think it would add a lot to the appeal.

Another cool thing I think could be added is player profiles and ranks. Again not sure how this could be implemented but being able to click on someone’s name on the scoreboard and seeing even a small player card with total hours played, most used class, social media links and stuff like that would be cool, and on top of that perhaps a sort of rank system that is tied to stats and achievements/wins? Just something cool that could be added next to people’s names (with the ability to hide it as well). Imagine going toe-to-toe with a Sith player in open mode as a Jedi and seeing a “Sith Lord” rank next to their name that denotes their ability or the fact that they’ve saber-killed 1000 Jedi or something like that, or seeing “Clone General” by someone’s name if they are a great clone gunner. I think it would be awesome and would add another layer to player interaction.