Partial fix cbuf_insertText overflowed

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Ever since 1.6 I have gotten this bug whenever I have wanted to execute my configuration. Or more like my old config works but if I want to update it (even if I don't change anything) by doing /writeconfig gargos and then right away /exec gargos, I get the following: cbuf_insertText overflowed.

This probably has something to do with another bug that I have (also ever since 1.6) and that is that everytime I open mb2, my configurations are lost (including resolution settings). I have to do /exec gargos and /vid_res everytime I open the game. It is starting to annoy me now because there are couple things I would like to update with my configurations but I cant due to this "cbuf_insertText overflowed" error. Now I have to always /exec gargos, /vid_res and do couple changes to my other settings.

Anyone else suffering from the same bug? and what does this "cbuf_insertText overflowed" mean?

EDIT: realized I switched from W7 to W10 at the same time when 1.6 came out so I cannot be 100 percent sure if that has anything to do with it. I also use JAMP and steam JKA.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
How big is your config file? Would you mind uploading them? The engine allows for configs up to 16kb, but we've noticed the reset issue at I believe 12-13kb.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
16 kb, I will send privately. How to make it smaller?

EDIT: interesting. if I do /writeconfig gargos_test right after doing a successful /exec gargos, it makes a 19kb size gargos_test

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I was able to fix this by redoing my whole config with a smaller jampconfig file. ATM I have it at 15 kb and I tried to unbind and remove everything unnecessary. Anyways thx for telling me what the bug was about. If there are any other tricks to make the file smaller then do tell.