•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Can I hide usernames?

Hey guys,

Got a weird question - I’m starting to stream MB2 on twitch (to the 3 people that will watch it lol) but the only regularly populated open server I get with a decent ping is TR-Deathstar. I’ve played on the server for a long time and enjoy it but since I started streaming yesterday I’m pretty worried about all the racist/homophobic slurs in usernames; I already disabled chat.

Is there a way I can tamper with the game files or something to hide usernames that appear above peoples heads when I target them? I’m worried I’ll get banned or just flat out miss out on viewers with some of the shit that crops up.

Thanks in advance -

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hide chat and anywhere names may show up (except TK punish menu, don't think that can be hidden without just turning off 2D...):
bind "PGDN" "cg_chatbox 0; con_notifytime -1; cg_drawCrosshairNames 0; cg_drawTeamOverlay 0; cg_BigDeathMessages 0"

Show again:
bind "PGUP" "cg_chatbox 10000; con_notifytime 3; cg_drawCrosshairNames 1; cg_drawTeamOverlay 1; cg_BigDeathMessages 1"

You can of course replace the bound keys with your preference.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
What does turning off 2D mean? I might want to do that lol
cg_draw2d !

This will hide HUD elements, timer, minimap, objective notifications, etc., so normally not something you would ever want to enable during regular gameplay.