Buff Stand Melee Block

Stand block in melee has no special features, and is utterly inferior to crouch block. They both move the same speed, counter punches, and null damage at the same rate...unless I am mistaken? Crouch block allows you to insta-kata kicks and is invulnerable to sweep. We have this mechanic, so why not make it useful?

If I am not wrong, what could we buff about it? We could make it so it moves slightly faster than crouch block. This would be a simple fix, unless the code would not allow for it. We could also make it so the counter period is longer on stand block. Perhaps even make it so you can use it to catch kicks like you can with punches.

Another option is nerfing crouch block. We could make it so you have to stand still during crouch block. We could also make it so crouch block cannot counter standing punches. We could even make it so Air kicks bypass crouch block like fighting games. Lastly, we could make crouch block only a percentage of dmg instead of making you invulnerable to it.

I do not know, what do you guys think? Should melee just be left as it is, even if this is a useless mechanic?

Stand block in melee has no special features, and is utterly inferior to crouch block. They both move the same speed, counter punches, and null damage at the same rate...unless I am mistaken? Crouch block allows you to insta-kata kicks and is invulnerable to sweep. We have this mechanic, so why not make it useful?

If I am not wrong, what could we buff about it? We could make it so it moves slightly faster than crouch block. This would be a simple fix, unless the code would not allow for it. We could also make it so the counter period is longer on stand block. Perhaps even make it so you can use it to catch kicks like you can with punches.

Another option is nerfing crouch block. We could make it so you have to stand still during crouch block. We could also make it so crouch block cannot counter standing punches. We could even make it so Air kicks bypass crouch block like fighting games. Lastly, we could make crouch block only a percentage of dmg instead of making you invulnerable to it.

I do not know, what do you guys think? Should melee just be left as it is, even if this is a useless mechanic?
having stand block counter kicks is actually a really good idea

kit, i see what you mean but im pretty sure if you're fast enough and close enough to an opponent, you can get an insta-kata off while standing and blocking if someone does a standing kick at you.

i've never been able to do it but i've seen it happen with crouch blocks and standing blocks

so if there is already a possible counter then maybe letting people spam the melee block button on any normal punch or kick to have it automatically counter for them is making the game less skill expressive
(also you have a formatting error in your reply kit lol)

The crouchblock has a wider hitbox which makes it more consistent for instas. Anyway, if people were spamming block, you could still go and sweep them.