Buff Mind Trick 2 and 3

D

Deleted member 3500

To around 6 seconds. I feel at Rank 2 it can last a little longer than Rank 1. Increase Mind Trick 3 to maybe 15 seconds.

If no buff, then maybe lower the cost to get it. Would be nice to have a Jedi build that includes multiple Force abilities, including MT.

unbalanced. it will only increase the number of bounty hunters with darts, sbd with anti mindtrick and so on.

D

Deleted member 3500

unbalanced. it will only increase the number of bounty hunters with darts, sbd with anti mindtrick and so on.

If anything it would make it more balanced if you can counter it with darts, SBD and such.

Its possible to have a mind trick 3, speed 3, jump 3 build already with saber defence 1 and force block 1, works quite fine, can even use push while speeding and mind trick to catch mandos/BHs off guard, but of course this will drain all FP by the end.

Mind trick used to last, what was it, 15 seconds at level 3? The current mind trick was a rebalance, it lasts less but also costs way less. It's more versatile, allowing for force powers like speed or push to be used at the risk of going very low, which wasn't possible with the original FP cost of 70.
I like it very much as it is now, it takes skill to use but it's also handy when you know what you're doing. Though I also feel MT level 3 is almost a must for actually using it. I wouldn't be against level 1 and 2 being buffed to last as long as level 3, but with higher FP costs instead.

Not to insult the OP or anything but I feel like we should have some sort of design history for the game at this point because I often see people recommend changes that would revert things back to the way they were, and they were changed to their current state for actual reasons.

Mind trick used to last, what was it, 15 seconds at level 3? The current mind trick was a rebalance, it lasts less but also costs way less. It's more versatile, allowing for force powers like speed or push to be used at the risk of going very low, which wasn't possible with the original FP cost of 70.
I like it very much as it is now, it takes skill to use but it's also handy when you know what you're doing. Though I also feel MT level 3 is almost a must for actually using it. I wouldn't be against level 1 and 2 being buffed to last as long as level 3, but with higher FP costs instead.

Not to insult the OP or anything but I feel like we should have some sort of design history for the game at this point because I often see people recommend changes that would revert things back to the way they were, and they were changed to their current state for actual reasons.
i dont think it would need a change at all if you didnt lose fp when you are hit by blasters while having no block points, i understand there's a lot of noobs who run with block points as well as mt but they should die anyways