An apology to the Developers and the MBII Community.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3500
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3500

Hey everyone, Rave Blitz here.

I want to say I am deeply sorry for my actions these past few weeks. It was never my intention to insult, berate, or be a jerk to any one of you.
These past few days have been very stressful for me, and I've been dealing with depression since I've moved up to where I'm living now. I only
wanted to help and maybe make the mod better, improve how it could work by giving some suggestions and feedback. I will admit, the ways I went
about giving that feedback were harsh and aggressive, and I shouldn't went about it in a much more calm and kind way, so in some manner, you guys
were correct.

I know some of you might not forgive me, and I may not be allowed back on the Discord server, that's fine. I pretty much deserve every ounce of hate I get,
I tend to get used to people treating me like I'm nothing or dirt anyway, and everyone likes to bully me.

Realize that I am autistic, and I tend to not understand certain social ques, and this can lead to me having poor behavior, and more often than not I tend to argue
with people and drive them away.

In regards to the mod itself, I very much like it, it's just my issues of it sometimes tend to get in the way of my enjoyment of it. From now on however, I will
try to ignore the issues and just enjoy the mod for what it is.

I want to be positive, and have a save environment for everyone, and not let drama get the better of us.

I still have the mod downloaded on my computer, and I do plan on once again re-installing it so I can play with you guys.

In conclusion, I know many of you won't forgive me, but just know, I am truly sorry, and I will never try to cause drama or unwanted behavior ever again.

Sincerely,

Rave Blitz.

1629845335845.png

D

Deleted member 8224

There's a difference between feedback and telling the devs to remake the mod.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I want to say I am deeply sorry for my actions these past few weeks. It was never my intention to insult, berate, or be a jerk to any one of you.
These past few days have been very stressful for me, and I've been dealing with depression since I've moved up to where I'm living now. I only
wanted to help and maybe make the mod better, improve how it could work by giving some suggestions and feedback. I will admit, the ways I went
about giving that feedback were harsh and aggressive, and I shouldn't went about it in a much more calm and kind way, so in some manner, you guys
were correct.

I know exactly what going through things like depression are like and I empathize with it, as its still something that lingers inside me every day that sometimes shows its face but I can mostly keep it at bay. To me though, while I could tell something was off in that fashion, your aggression and stuff wasn't the issue at least for me. I can deal with that. Do please get whatever help you need though to handle things like that, as its not something you can deal with alone, and there isn't anyone in this community qualified to help with things like that.

We always want feedback, always. That will always let us see things from other angles and potentially result in some good ideas coming out. There is a reason why we always had long discussions with you instead of outright ignoring you. There are reasons we interact with the community far more than 95% of the dev teams out there. I literally stopped doing actual work I need to do to make money to have those discussions with you. The problems in the discussion were never the feedback or the criticisms. The problems stemmed from when we gave you an answer that weren't what you liked or wanted that for whatever reason you couldn't logically work through the answers given to you and would instantly get defensive and whip up some weird way where we were the ones that were wrong. And yes with things like autism emotions can flare higher than a normal person and result in being illogical and unreasonable. However, in many of the cases when there weren't any reason from our end for high emotions, this was still the case which leads me more to believe that this is something you just need to work on as a person.

Just to make it extra clear, arguing with us, criticizing us, giving us feedback, and even a small degree of insults towards us are never going to be a problem. What becomes frustrating to us is when people like me who have played this game for 18 years, and developed this mod for about half my life now, and having someone say basic things we've known about the engine for a long time are wrong just for the sake of wanting to be right. That to me is frustrating and it becomes unreasonable. To me it feels like I am making no progress in a discussion when people do things like that. So take that as a thing to work on.

Take care of yourself, I don't believe you are banned anymore but are still in a time out, as this is more a time you need to take care of yourself, and let us handle the mod. Whether you believe it or not, it is in good hands with some very experienced people. It wouldn't have made it this long if we weren't doing as well as we have been.

D

Deleted member 3500

I know exactly what going through things like depression are like and I empathize with it, as its still something that lingers inside me every day that sometimes shows its face but I can mostly keep it at bay. To me though, while I could tell something was off in that fashion, your aggression and stuff wasn't the issue at least for me. I can deal with that. Do please get whatever help you need though to handle things like that, as its not something you can deal with alone, and there isn't anyone in this community qualified to help with things like that.

We always want feedback, always. That will always let us see things from other angles and potentially result in some good ideas coming out. There is a reason why we always had long discussions with you instead of outright ignoring you. There are reasons we interact with the community far more than 95% of the dev teams out there. I literally stopped doing actual work I need to do to make money to have those discussions with you. The problems in the discussion were never the feedback or the criticisms. The problems stemmed from when we gave you an answer that weren't what you liked or wanted that for whatever reason you couldn't logically work through the answers given to you and would instantly get defensive and whip up some weird way where we were the ones that were wrong. And yes with things like autism emotions can flare higher than a normal person and result in being illogical and unreasonable. However, in many of the cases when there weren't any reason from our end for high emotions, this was still the case which leads me more to believe that this is something you just need to work on as a person.

Just to make it extra clear, arguing with us, criticizing us, giving us feedback, and even a small degree of insults towards us are never going to be a problem. What becomes frustrating to us is when people like me who have played this game for 18 years, and developed this mod for about half my life now, and having someone say basic things we've known about the engine for a long time are wrong just for the sake of wanting to be right. That to me is frustrating and it becomes unreasonable. To me it feels like I am making no progress in a discussion when people do things like that. So take that as a thing to work on.

Take care of yourself, I don't believe you are banned anymore but are still in a time out, as this is more a time you need to take care of yourself, and let us handle the mod. Whether you believe it or not, it is in good hands with some very experienced people. It wouldn't have made it this long if we weren't doing as well as we have been.

Thank you Mace for understanding, I realize I was a major jerk to you and the rest of the Devs, and I'm sorry. In the meantime, I'll accept my punishment. I look forward to possibly returning to the Discord, as well as future Updates for the mod.

past few days have been very stressful for me
I've been dealing with depression
I tend to get used to people treating me like I'm nothing or dirt anyway, and everyone likes to bully me.
Realize that I am autistic

I realize that you really like playing the victim card, that's for sure.

But do YOU realize that none of these things matter? That they weren't the reason why people made fun of you? The real reason was a complete lack of respect for others on your part.

You'd make some sort of suggestion and other, more experienced players (and even the DEVS for god's sake) would tell you why it would or wouldn't work based on their (usually pretty substantial) experience with the mod. Most of us here went through many patches and many many changes, so we kinda know what's worth trying and what's not. So you could have at least listened, but no.

Your response? Ignore everything. Dismiss all arguments. Proclaim that only your point of view is valid. Back it up by referencing games that are nothing like mb2 - md2 (singleplayer vs multiplayer) and kingdom hearts (???). Then, wait for a few hours and start argung and pushing the exact same ideas AGAIN and AGAIN.

THIS is why you were made fun of and ridiculed. Because others tried to have a meaningful conversation with you, but you spit in their face and dismissed everything and kept doing that every day.

It's impossible to talk to you, so ignoring you or making fun of you are the only 2 options left to us.

So ye idk man, learn some humility and respect or something gl hf

Status
Not open for further replies.