Allow Force Push 3 to effect Droideka and SBD.

D

Deleted member 3500

In the Clone Wars (Both the Micro-series and TCW), we see Jedi using the Force on droids, more notably Droideka's and SBDs. Obi-Wan pushes a few Dekas in his fight with Grievous, which causes them to roll up and spin toward unsuspecting droids. As for the SBD's. Mace Windu pushes entire waves of SBD's off their feet, crashing into each other. A mechanic should be made for the Deka to roll up upon being Force pushed and going backward slightly, to where it takes a few seconds to go back into combat mode, and this would be a good defensive ability for the Jedi to have against Dekas as another way to get past or deal with them instead of using their lightsaber. SBDs should also be able to be knocked down with a Force Push.

Fuse294

Internal Beta Team
With Droidekas being vehicles this change would result in Push 3 working on all vehicles which would be broken AF.

Droidekas should drop their shields and take double damage when I press the F key.
Very bad idea, that would make force push nearly as effective as ion grenades.
Obi-Wan pushes a few droidekas in his fight with Grievous...
All the droids are weaker in The Clone Wars. The first time we see droidekas, there's only two, and an equal number of jedi run away from them.
But this is mechanics/balance post, so that doesn't really matter anyways.
SBDs should also be able to be knocked down with a Force Push.
They already are when at zero battery. That said, they already get pushed horizontally, just not knocked down, unlike wookiees which are entirely immune.
I don't think this is a good idea either, unless we're standardizing that literally everything loses to the F key, in which case ARCs and wookiees also need to lose their immunity/resistances to push. Which I don't think many people will be in favor of (I'm certainly not), except those that exclusively play jedi/sith.
Droideka isn't a vehicle it's a class.
The game engine disagrees with you.

Kodar

Internal Beta Team
SBD is already affected by force push and more so when extremely low on battery. You've been on this game long enough to have seen that by now. Inb4 buff push vs SBD, how about no. Push is already way too strong and versatile. Let it have weaknesses.

As for Deka, despite you thinking otherwise, the game quite literally treats it as a vehicle. This is not a matter of opinion. As for if it even should affect them, no just because I don't want to push that horror upon the devs to deal with the decoupling of vehicle code from deka. That and it's unnecessary for a balance change.

Before I forget, just because it happened in [insert lore piece here] does not mean it should be added to the game. Otherwise I hope you're ready for jedi to die in 1 blaster bolt to the head, 2 maybe on torso. Of course this would be offset by them being nigh demigods akin to battlefront which is fucking boring gameplay.

Lore-wise it makes sense. Gameplay-wise? Please god no! Push 3 is already very powerful, and it's a very good thing that each team has classes that counter it. Being able to instantly disable the Imp tank classes without any real counter play other than staying at really far range is just super scuffed.

I'd be maybe okay if SBD and Wookie got knocked over by force repulse, because force-only playstyle basically has no way of taking on that matchup, and it wouldn't feel as busted because force-only characters give up their defense. But knocking over tanks with push 3? Naahhhh

Lol, no, push 3 needs a range nerf, not a buff... It feels so cheap and easy to just use push 3 and a non force user 35-40 meters away gets knocked down or yeeted out of bounds, and even when crouching/walking, push 3 STILL pushes a considerable amount of distance.

On the other hand, if push 3 gets buffed somehow to push droids etc and its range is untouched, might as well go for full broken force powers, instant repulse with no cooldown anyone? And give wook in open the ability as well xD