Add specific numbers to the library please

Mandalorian description says:
"Wrist laser fires an intense blast (...) which induces large FP drain."
"flamethrower (...) set things on fire. Its ineffective within melee range, however."
"Westar Pistol. Secondary damage = Variable. Both pistol can be charged simultaneously (...)"
How much damage and FP drain does the laser have? How much dps the flamethrower does? How long do I have to burn someone to set them on fire? How long is the melee range at which the flamethrower becomes ineffective? What does it mean - does it deal no damage or decreased damage? How long do Westars take to charge fully? 1 second? 2 seconds?

The library containts other vague statements like that. I gently ask for the actual numbers to be given either in the library or some other resource, so I dont need to data-mine the game or ask on discord every time I want to get information about weapons I use.

Yes, I know FP drain is variable depending on if Jedi is running, his block level etc. Just give number for lets say standing jedi and numbers for % increase FP drain caused by running and block level and one can calculate all relevant numbers out of that.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
FP drains will be included in the UI in a future update. I should go through and redo the library numbers, tbh. Thanks for reminding me to do that, but tbh it's fucking hard to find where everything goes sometimes.

For reference, I tested these values in game for you.

Wrist laser base damage: 50 base dmg (might be 49 tbh but same difference)
Westar secondary fire: 56-84 base dmg over 5 seconds of charge

Remember to multiply all base damages (as listed in the library, or as above) for guns by:
- 0.8x for legs
- 1.3x for chest/arms
- 2.5x for non-sniper headshots
- 3x for sniper headshots
- 3 * 1.15x = 3.45x for EE3 sniper headshot only
- 1x for deka shield/hull
- Only the devs know what the multipliers are behind the mystery that is SBD armor.
- 0.9x for all Jedi/Sith, and 0.8x if they're holding block.
- Regular humanoid armor gives you 50% damage reduction, so any base shot damage should be multiplied by the locational modifier then halved to find the armor value (though snipers have different math for armor penetration/bypassing).

Also, every shot has a +/- 5% damage randomizer applied, and the code doesn't always follow the same rounding rules we humans adhere to. Good luck trying to figure out your numbers (it's not happening)!

FP drains will be included in the UI in a future update. I should go through and redo the library numbers, tbh. Thanks for reminding me to do that, but tbh it's fucking hard to find where everything goes sometimes.

For reference, I tested these values in game for you.

Wrist laser base damage: 50 base dmg (might be 49 tbh but same difference)
Westar secondary fire: 56-84 base dmg over 5 seconds of charge

Remember to multiply all base damages (as listed in the library, or as above) for guns by:
- 0.8x for legs
- 1.3x for chest/arms
- 2.5x for non-sniper headshots
- 3x for sniper headshots
- 3 * 1.15x = 3.45x for EE3 sniper headshot only
- 1x for deka shield/hull
- Only the devs know what the multipliers are behind the mystery that is SBD armor.
- 0.9x for all Jedi/Sith, and 0.8x if they're holding block.
- Regular humanoid armor gives you 50% damage reduction, so any base shot damage should be multiplied by the locational modifier then halved to find the armor value (though snipers have different math for armor penetration/bypassing).

Also, every shot has a +/- 5% damage randomizer applied, and the code doesn't always follow the same rounding rules we humans adhere to. Good luck trying to figure out your numbers (it's not happening)!
Many thanks. As a temporary measure I suggest to pin those in a message on Discord.

Wait wait wait. You cannot be serious. I thought armor reduction was 25% at best. You are saying that Mandos and ARCS have 300 effective hp???? Oh great. If this is true I need to remake my first tutorial video.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
Wait wait wait. You cannot be serious. I thought armor reduction was 25% at best. You are saying that Mandos and ARCS have 300 effective hp???? Oh great. If this is true I need to remake my first tutorial video.
It only applies to some guns, so for example the disruptor rifle has different armor bypass rules, which is why it can onetap most ARCs to the chest still with a full 150 base damage shot, and the projectile rifle bypasses a good deal of armor value as well. However, for most guns like the E11, it appears that the above is correct.

There's a reason ARC and Mando are so goddamn hard to kill, and why people who say "wook has 400 HP" don't understand that wook is still a worse tank than other classes like SBD, which has innate damage reduction despite less health. Against classes with high armor value like ARC and Mando (green bar armor, not SBD armor or deka shield/hull), your best chances are with sniper-type weapons or high damage shots like T-21 primary, because their armor gives them a major advantage against most small-caliber guns like the E11.

It's also why Mando and ARC are considered some of the strongest classes right now, because they can tank small arms fire exceptionally well, while they each have a mobile sniper or perfectly accurate double pistols that can either bounce behind walls or charge up to 84 damage (for reference, EE3 sniper only does 65 base damage). Add in the ability to literally fly and ignore force powers or sprint around with force-resistant rolls on ARC (by holding shift when rolling), and you have some really fucking powerful classes. This also ignores that each class has access to rockets and other utility.

There's basically no single-life class where armor 3 is a bad buy except possibly hero, which has dodge, dash, and heal to make up for it. Otherwise, that extra bit of armor is worth a couple of bullets.

It only applies to some guns, so for example the disruptor rifle has different armor bypass rules, which is why it can onetap most ARCs to the chest still with a full 150 base damage shot, and the projectile rifle bypasses a good deal of armor value as well. However, for most guns like the E11, it appears that the above is correct.

There's a reason ARC and Mando are so goddamn hard to kill, and why people who say "wook has 400 HP" don't understand that wook is still a worse tank than other classes like SBD, which has innate damage reduction despite less health. Against classes with high armor value like ARC and Mando (green bar armor, not SBD armor or deka shield/hull), your best chances are with sniper-type weapons or high damage shots like T-21 primary, because their armor gives them a major advantage against most small-caliber guns like the E11.

It's also why Mando and ARC are considered some of the strongest classes right now, because they can tank small arms fire exceptionally well, while they each have a mobile sniper or perfectly accurate double pistols that can either bounce behind walls or charge up to 84 damage (for reference, EE3 sniper only does 65 base damage). Add in the ability to literally fly and ignore force powers or sprint around with force-resistant rolls on ARC (by holding shift when rolling), and you have some really fucking powerful classes. This also ignores that each class has access to rockets and other utility.

There's basically no single-life class where armor 3 is a bad buy except possibly hero, which has dodge, dash, and heal to make up for it. Otherwise, that extra bit of armor is worth a couple of bullets.
You would think that would be advertised more. I heard about the 20 percent bonus for sabers and nothing else. I do not remember reading it in the library or even hearing that info, and I have been playing for years now. I guess it doesn't help that I have literally 0.1 hours on Wookie. This needs to be everywhere: the in-game hints, the wiki, and the library. If I never knew this than who knows how many people do not.
Edit: I just checked and this is not on the forums. Correcting that... Ok. Armor section now has more info on the subject. I will probably flesh that section out more later if I get more concrete numbers.

Last edited: