Add option for visible damage numbers and hitsounds

Numbers would not be helpful most of the time. Maybe add this to the shooting range?
Hit sounds are probably impossible due to the code.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
It would be nice to have access to the damage print commands, to see how much BP damage a certain lightsaber attack does to an enemy, or to test how much HP damage a clone rifle does vs an e-11 primary, or how much FP it costs to block a proj shot in facehug range vs far away or whatever. I don't want to see those numbers when I'm playing, but console print cmds could be of some use.

dwarf

Donator
Each model has unique sounds when damaged on 100/75/50/25 health respectively. There's your damage indicators.

• Facepalm
Reactions: Leo

Bud

I think at least Wookies, mandos, arcs, and clones have sound indicators for their hp.

Goosto

uM Breakfloor-er
Internal Beta Team
Each model has unique sounds when damaged on 100/75/50/25 health respectively. There's your damage indicators.
That's right. They are a little hard to clarify though. Most of the sounds are just OUAGH and URGH in all different kinds of pitches. But I've definitely made plays based off of what I hear before.

Depends how much clarity the devs want in the game (or if memorization is a skill they want to test). It doesn't bother me, because I primarily play for the chaos and old school feel, but the option would be useful.

So what you are saying is that we should make a client side modification that helps us distinguish these?

dwarf

Donator
So what you are saying is that we should make a client side modification that helps us distinguish these?
To be honest there's nothing stopping you from editing the different damage sound files yourself.
For example, going into Jan's sound folder. You could record yourself saying "JAN ABOVE 75" "JAN ABOVE 50" etc, for each sound file. That's if you wanted to barebones it.
There was a pug mod pack in the AU community we used around 2006/2007, It replaced every model in the class table with a default skin, (All heroes were Lando, All sith were Jerec, etc) It also had custom damage sounds, one of our community members was a voice actor who edited all the files with the example I just gave, although it was a bit more flushed and toned. For barebones competitive play it was pretty good. I wouldn't use it in regular open play though, gets a bit chaotic outside of the usual 5v5.
Play the mod long enough you'll memorise all the models damage sounds anyway, although it is a bit harder now days with the increase of models that are being added and changing old models sound files. I only recently played and realised some of the wookiee's have new sounds.

Anyway, that's what's great about a mod, you can change and edit almost anything you like in it on your side of the screen, models, map textures, weather effects, sounds and the UI.

Model sound files are located inside, zz_MBModels