About Mindtrick

Okay, prior to the post, I only just got back 2 days ago and I am astonished and overjoyed to see that this game is still running-you guys are awesome.
Gushing done.

So, Mindtrick... I've had mixed results from asking people in the community about it, some say it's fine and I shouldn't be comparing it to the sith powers, and others say it used to be overpowered but got downgraded a bit too heavily. I notice that it's still just as it was in the old days; invisibility. Truth be told, I never thought that was quite fitting for it, ever since base jka.
I notice that there's been a few additions to the UI. Helmets, Fire, the sonic freakout grenade, and it got me to thinking that something could also be applied to Mindtrick. Then I got to thinking about this clip from the clone wars;

What if mindtrick's targeting method was made similar to Force Grip, focusing it on someone to slowly influence their mind further and further. What if it had an effect like, say, its first incarnation is disrupting or fading out the crosshair of the target? Making them hear things in opposite or even random directions? Losing their radar, inverting their mouse, locking out class abilities, and all the while, the stronger the mindtrick has influenced them the more hazed their vision gets-be that blurry, sparkling, or otherwise.
Maybe doing it while in Melee (fists) would increase the range at which you could do it? Risky, since the moment you start they'd be able to look around for where you're hiding and shoot your head off.

The current mindtrick is nothing compared to the other powers, if nothing else can be agreed on, please hear me out and analyze that statement alone.
And to those that will undoubtedly say that some suggestions I made above are totally overpowered and too strong to do, I threw multiple options out for consideration, I'm not demanding everything I mentioned be included. Also consider that Force Grip takes about 3 seconds of constant crosshair cover to take its full effect of leaving you immobile and defenseless-this would take time to do its own effect, or multiple effects. Hell, maybe it could take as long as 6 seconds of the same constant crosshair lock in order for all of its effects to take hold, and they would only last all of the time the force grip ability typically does.

I'm not here to make my weeaboo jedi godlike... I'm just trying to run ideas by to possibly have a chance to better something I've loved since I was a teenager.

...All that said, comments and concerns below

Mt isn't that great tbh.

Max level it lasts 4 seconds. Just lead your shots in the direction he was going or let your aim spray a bit and they'll appear.
An educated guess is sometimes all you need. Or pure aggression.

Sith dueling Jedi? Just walk right into him and shoot. With your ally suppressing him your chances of flinching and killing him are over 90% even if you can't lead or aim.

Hah, actually, there's an easy trick to flinching for people who can't aim or can aim just don't do well up close:)
When the jedi is swining at you, run backwards and hit fire. Don't walk, as that gives you accuracy and if you can't aim, then you'll be missing. By running, the spray effect occurs hitting a wider area and in my experience usually leading to a flinch.

Another trick is to just crouch in a corner, 2 walls that come together:), and just shoot whoever tries to saber you. Flinch, flinch, flinch.

I seem to have wandered off track. Eh, I'm dizzy so I'l allow it.