A New Saber Style

The current styles in MB2 are pretty faithful to their star wars universe counterparts, even if done unintentionally. The current suspects as follows:
Blue: Soresu(The defensive)
Yellow: Niman(The balanced)
Red: Djem So(The OP)
Purple:Juyo(The Kata Spam)
Cyan: Shi-Cho(The Noob)

While Ataru's acrobatic moves can be infused into any player's style of choice (debatable) the glorious fencing master race of form II Makashi sees no in game depiction,gets no luv.
Count_Dooku.jpg

R.I.P to this glorious mo-fo right here.

I know the player base isn't too keen on the idea of new saber styles, some think there are too many right now. But I'd like to pitch this idea based on inspiration from the movies and balance based on what I've learned from the game so far.

Makashi is described as a dueling oriented stance, shitty for dealing with blasters and multiple opponents, depending on the skill of the practitioner. I'd imagine in game that all strikes from this style would originate from the centerline, making any wide sweeping horizontal slash found in other styles impossible.
latest

Completely Ignoring the second half of this image, the first step in this picture is the wind-up animation for all swings in the Makashi stance. Different angles of attacks will wind-up from different areas of the chest, but the wind-up is always in the center-line. The second step in the picture i envision as the beginning of an SD directional attack. Starting from the wind-up the practitioner will flourish the blade downward and transition to an upward swing that goes across to her left shoulder.

hqdefault.jpg

The most appropriate looking pic I could find, the SA-directional strike would look like this. Starting from the Makashi wind-up animation, rotate the arm downward in a mini flourish, then bring the blade upward.(Though this guy has shit diagonal angle) This would be the beginning frames of the attack.
Combos in game coming from these angles would look crazy badass. Wrist game sick as fuck

All of Makashi's strikes will be very precise and the wrist and arm will rotate and follow them through to completion, unlike the at times erratic looking cyan.

Comboing swings with Makashi will require tapping in lieu of holding for each swing, similar to red. The flourishing animation will cause the style to have wind-ups slightly slower then yellow, and strikes that are executed marginally faster then yellow swings. It builds ACM similarly to blue and has slightly better defense then purple. The glaring weakness of this style in a duel would be it's very vulnerable wind-up location, allowing a aggressive player to barrage a makashi user with combos and leave them unable to parry or swing back. On the flipside a precise Makashi user(using superior footwork) would have an easier time zoning out opponents swings with their own as all of their attacks originate from the center.

In open, Makashi won't be a preferred stance for dealing with multiple enemies because all swings will have a forward aiming focus. Curving the saber to hit more then one stormtrooper in a single swing would be extremely situational and very hard to pull off without getting shot in the process. Likewise, parrying multiple saber duelists will be hard and defending behind the back with a wide-arcing strike nigh impossible.

latest

Look at this elegant motherfucker right here

With slow starting time on swings, combos that are somewhat difficult to time and a narrower range for it's attacks then all other stylees, Makashi will be built as a stance that will be mostly favored by experienced duelists.

I'm not a coder or an animator and I'm a serious noob, just a suggestion I wanted to share and it'd be cool if the beta team warms to the idea and it was implemented next year or something.

In closing, the old purple stab was sweet and it's not like I want you to create an entire style just for the return of that move or anything.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Tbh, I think new styles need to be more balanced/revised before adding more.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
If someone animates an entire lightsaber stance's worth of animations, it deserves to go into MB2. Doubt that will ever happen though.

I figured someone might draw the similarities between Cyan or Purple to Makshi. IMO The cyan arm movement sways and pulls back at strange angles like an overeager conductor guiding an opera, moreso than the elegant followed-thru-to-completion moves of count dooku.

A guy named Matt Flier released a single player mod on MODDB for JA&JO. I know it has(d) different running and jumping animations.
There are attacks that look new, but it honestly looks to me(not an animator) as though he's re-appropriated existing swings and just has the lightsaber spinning around the player model's wrist like mad. The swings in question @ 3:48 on wards

Eazy E

Banned
A bit late now but I think purple is makashi. Due to the pblock perk it promotes a very calm and defensive playstyle which reminds me of dooku, just pblocking 11 red combos then finishing them in 2 hits feels pretty Dooku to me.