A Couple Random Sound Complaints

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I have a few sound thoughts which I figure I can just lump together:

- The menu button sounds (hover, click) are really... piercing. I would personally really prefer if the sounds were more like "boop" or "boomph" than the "PLEENK" they currently are, if you follow me. Subtler, and with a lower uhh timbre. Fewer high frequencies. More bass, more "depth." This might be something I could mess with on my own so maybe I'll do that

- On a similar note, the menu music is also piercing, and "blarey". It's sudden and loud and has a lot of high frequency to it and not a lot of bass so it "blares" and is tiring to listen to instead of being... subtle, or pleasant. It's probably the biggest reason why I usually play with music off. Plus, it just sounds super corny to me personally. Why not just use one of the title crawl themes from the movies since they embody "TA-DAAA. Star Wars."

- The wrist laser reload time is either inconsistent or just kind of... strange, I find it very hard to keep track of how many shots I have left without constantly glancing down at it, which isn't ideal. What about adding a little beep to indicate when a shot's reloaded, with a slightly different beep when your laser's fully loaded, and a warning beep when you fire your second-to-last shot? Would help a bunch with using that weapon.

- The rain sound on Kamino (and presumably some other sounds on other maps?) doesn't respond to any of the volume control sliders, if I recall correctly. This Sucks.

The menu button sounds (hover, click) are really... piercing
agree, hope they get replaced some day
inb4 DIY i'm 2 lazy

music is also piercing
don't use it, turn down music volume or use some cvars, you don't need it ingame either
protip: removing unnecessary noises makes you notice footsteps and force sounds

very hard to keep track of how many shots I have left
shoot twice, count to 10, repeat
btw if you overuse the WB you don't die, and the explosion isn't extremely painful

The rain sound (...) doesn't respond to any of the volume control sliders
if the rain volume is constant, it means you can make it louder/more silent by adjusting other volume levels ingame, then balance it with system volume

hope it helps
fun fact: i wrote it all with mouse on screen keyboard, lying in bed healing illness
don't worry, i'm getting stronger

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
The music on maps can be kinda fun, though. It's just that the menu music is so obnoxious that I turn off all music and forget that maps have music at all. I would probably still generally end up turning off music for the sake of subtle sound effects though, as you said.

Counting to 10 seems even more distracting than glancing down at the ammo number, and blowing up the Wrist Blaster means you lose your Wrist Blaster, which is very very bad if you're using a very very silly build based around kicking people and then wrist blasting them. Did you know you can fire your WB in the middle of a kick? It also cancels the endlag of the uppercut. It has some potential, which is dampened by how not-effortless it is to keep track of ammo.

Balancing with system volume is a good idea, yeah, it's just that I shouldn't really HAVE to do that. It's a rough edge.

The rain sound on Kamino (and presumably some other sounds on other maps?) doesn't respond to any of the volume control sliders, if I recall correctly. This Sucks.
Although, I hope there is an actual technical way to change it. I mean, devs are working on a VERY old engine, and it happens time and time again when some seemingly simple thing just can't be done, because the engine is too old and too stupid by today's standards to make it happen.

I mean, JKA engine was not that good even by the standards of the time it was released initially: less optimized than quake's engine it is based on, more clunky, more fiddly...