1.4 Saber Stance Murder.

T r i s t a n

Banned
Hello,
as many of you may know. I am not a firm supporter of 1.4, the beta terrified me, it seemed like it was ruining saber combat, and now that 1.4 is released it seems the dev's have changed little to nothing from the beta based feedback, it feels just like original beta 1.4. I was right.
I have just now finished with 1.4 in its entirety after I had, had the pleasure of dueling some people to test out the new update. What I have found is this:
The MBII dev's have taken it upon themselves to destroy saber versatility. I use to use a combo of Cyan, Yellow, and Purple back in 1.3, I found that Cyan and Yellow mixed was the perfect embodiment of Djem So, I would bat away strikes to lessen their BP because of my saber perk. Then I would counter attack with a flurry of slashes. I cannot use this saber style anymore. Cyan and Blue have been utterly murdered in 1.4. I was dueling a Staff user name Sierra, every duel I had with him/her with Cyan vs Staff I would struggle to keep my BP up and was unsure where I would leave her/him after my combos since Cyan now feels like small mosquito bites and blue I can only imagine in feeling the strains of 2 hit combos + little to no damage. Then I got agitated and picked up Staff myself, I annihilated Sierra every duel I fought Staff v Staff. What I have found is Staff and Yellow are now the number 1 stances to be used in combat, and possibly Red. But Cyan and Blue are completely useless now unless you fancy handicapping yourself just to use Cyan again.
All I have to say is WAOW GAIS

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Going to restate something I said in another thread:

"Remember, the development team has very limited resources and not all of the complaints from beta were going to be addressed by release. The team DID state that only minor tweaks (mainly numbers) were going to take place and any other major reworking comes after."

The team literally stated that not a whole lot was going to change because if it did you would be without any of the other 1.4 changes for 6+ months. Those changes needed to go out.

T r i s t a n

Banned
Going to restate something I said in another thread:

"Remember, the development team has very limited resources and not all of the complaints from beta were going to be addressed by release. The team DID state that only minor tweaks (mainly numbers) were going to take place and any other major reworking comes after."

The team literally stated that not a whole lot was going to change because if it did you would be without any of the other 1.4 changes for 6+ months. Those changes needed to go out.
Well, that's too bad. RIP MBII

Give 1.4 more time one day isn't enough to give a mindful review

I can use cyan and blue easily I don't think you know how it works just yet, give it more time before making a verdict

T r i s t a n

Banned
Give 1.4 more time one day isn't enough to give a mindful review

I can use cyan and blue easily I don't think you know how it works just yet, give it more time before making a verdict
Or, you give it more time. You'll come around Coul. You'll come around.

This isn't a "goodbye" thread
Don't mind me, it was just a culture reference. Like pop culture, only for MB2. Memes, I guess. Now serious, though big your thread doesn't have much valid points. That's a problem - one can't argue if there's no statement!

Well, theres one to be fair:
Cyan and Blue have been utterly murdered in 1.4

But that's, well, just... not true. Blue is nowhere near useless, it is quite competitive! I just can't understand how one can say that blue is a useless style. How dare you!.. Hint: try to pay attention to how beta duelists like Stassin or SeV play with blue, spectate! Learn!