Movie Battles II Community

BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
You could of simply kicked him, muted, or simply gave him tk points and make him sit out on the round. No instead you banned him, and made snarky comments about it. I am questioning your server ethic policy.
Gumba
Gumba
pathetic really
BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
Wow really gumba? Are you going to be that immature about it?
Do you take this seriously or not? Because this is not the type of behavior an admin should have.
Gumba
Gumba
Its not like you ever played on the server
BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
I played on your server 3 times gumba, and the reson I dont constantly is because its very hard for me to play with 200 ping. And frankly with this kind of darkside your showing I don't think I want too anymore. I actually liked your server over AOD's.
Gumba
Gumba
You make this huge deal out of nothing. He knew what he was getting into.
BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
It's a big deal because you are an admin, it only takes small incidents like these to set precedence in the future. You are setting an example for your peers to follow, if you condone this kind of behavior then small incidents like these will increase to the point where people with bitch about your server as much as AOD's.
BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
You are more than capable of making the correct decision here, for crying out loud you could just used the new installed admin command and mute him. Thats is what its there for.
BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
The EU community doesn't need to go through the shit that NA players have to deal with on a daily basis. Please just show some restraint and maturity in the future, and this exact incident will not occur again. I promise you.
Gumba
Gumba
I also enforced the no spoilers thing while ep7 was fresh and nobody bitched about that. People that spoil huge important things are the worst kind of people that just want to ruin it for other people.
BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
If you put it down on paper, for everyone to see Gumba. This will not be an issue. If game of thrones means that much to you, just simply put it in the server MOTD and rules.
Gumba
Gumba
It's not like I will stop banning people for things like this, you can call it immature but it really isnt. Immature is to spoil something when 1 min beforehand a admin said spoiling is punished by tempbans.
Gumba
Gumba
Putting: "Dont spoil series/movies in the chat" might be the stupidest rule ever.
BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
So you admit you will continue to ban people for not following a rule set that is not publicly visible?
Gumba
Gumba
Will you fucking understand that it was a situational thing and has nothing to do with writing down rules.
BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
I was apart of a an autistic community when I younger where people would have flame wars over gundam to the point the admin had to ban gundam discussions period. It was dumb, but it shows how a few bad apples can ruin it for everyone else.
BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
And you handled that situation wrong. I described 3 other methods you can use in the future if you must enforce that rule that is not as severe as temp bans. They will work and make people happier in the end. It will certainly stop me from complaining to the person who owns, hosts, and pays for the sever.
Gumba
Gumba
Well thanks for your input.
BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
You are welcome, and I more than happy to assist you or other people in the future on ethical practices and procedures on running a server. I managed a source mod server for about 6 years and I am happy to provide advice and input. Being an admin is not an easy job and can be very stressful.
BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
It helps having an objective view on the situation so you can better understand your community and be able to provide a better service to them. Having respect from your user base can make you go very far.