Movie Battles II Community

BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
Creative liberties? or just something to stem it from not just being just another Red Vs Blue? Because I see something resembling them in the Dune movie but it was just a center piece for a scene I think.

Anyway House ordos is badass, but they seem to be ignored by the creator.
Puppytine
Puppytine
Dunno, but I just don't pay attention to such things.
I simply read the book, watched a movie and TV series, and played few games.
Personally, for me is only canon that is present in the book; therefore, Ordos isn't canon.

But it's good Ordos was introduced in the game, it brought a diversity and more content to the game.
Puppytine
Puppytine
Also it's pretty obvious that Great Houses have their prototypes in the real world:
Atreides is USA, Harkonnen stands for USSR, and Ordos represents Muslims.
BigBossBigTeef
BigBossBigTeef
Ordos represents Muslims. Wow...
I dunno about that seeing as they are very shady and mercantile based and not putting heels on a religion at all. And using mercenaries and subterfuge to do most of thier dirty work.

If they were based on any middle east group, it would have to be dubai seeing as they actually have money.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_Ordos

They are a guild of thugs with technology some how.
Puppytine
Puppytine
First and foremost I mean the way how they wage war; suicide bombers, chemical weapons and camouflage, all those things made strong associations when I launched Dune II for the first time.
Also their color is green.
Also book on Ordos' emblem could be a Qur'an.
Puppytine
Puppytine
Also years after releasing Dune II, Westwood/EA made CnC: Generals, a game that was a some kind of remix of Dune. There is three playable sides in that game:
USA: hi-tech, blue.
China: tanks, red.
GLA: Muslims, suicide bombers, chemical weapons, camouflage... green.