Moviebattles II Version 1.10.0.4 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.10.0.4
Gameplay
  • General
    • Fix: Backend tweaks to chatting have been adjusted. Should no longer cause messages to sporadically not be registered for other players.
    • Fix: Wall run/flip once again drain FP. Due to some backend adjustments in prior builds, instead of draining in two separate ticks, will now be once when going into the animation. Total FP drain has been lowered overall for both by a small amount since they can no longer be ended early to reduce total drain.
    • Fix: Super pushes and other environmental kill-related behavior should now once again be functioning as intended.
    • Fix: Explosives/rocket splash (including Whistling Birds) not dealing damage properly.
      • Mechanically this is 50% -> 90% damage vs armor for reference purposes.
    • Fix: cg_thirdpersonrange can now be modified when playing back a demo or when cheats are enabled.
  • Anti Team Kill system
    • Fix: Killing teammates with TDs no longer gives 2 million TK points by default.
  • Mandalorian
    • Fix: Damage threshold for canceling rockets during launch startup adjusted for new armor/Beskar damage calculations. Might need small further adjustment in the future but is now much closer to previous behavior in 1.9.
      • Currently is averaging 5 shots vs E11 3 secondary fire. Will now once again be 2, potentially 3 vs Beskar 3.
  • SBD
    • Change: Increased damage on blaster from 24 to 26.
  • ARC:
    • Change: Reduced rate of fire of M5 sniper from 350ms to 750ms.
Maps
  • mb2_citadel
    • Fix: Missing textures in generator and platform in main cargo area disapearing.
  • mb2_ctf_dotf
    • Fix: Fixed minor timewasting spot on outdoor balcony area.
  • mb2_duel_dotf
    • Fix: Forcefields now properly work again.
  • mb2_dotf
    • Change: Total round timer is now 4:30, and the second stage of the secondary objective adds 30 seconds to the timer.
  • mb2_enclave:
    • Change: Imperial spawns now move behind the ship after the first 20 seconds of the match.
    • Fix: Fixed timewasting spot on the edge of the river.
    • Fix: Fixed see through spots near outdoor entrances.
    • Fix: Fixed doorway spots where Droideka could get stuck.
    • Fix: Fixed some misaligned brushes in the ceiling near outdoor route.
    • Fix: Fixed crates being invisible when player count is low.
    • Fix: Fixed exploit where you could exit the map near objective side of outdoor route.

FA
  • Fix: Missing weapon icon on TantiveIV causing map not to load.
  • Fix: Jedi Temple default clone characters having the wrong weapon due to EE3 changes.

uM
  • uM_breakfloor
    • Change: Default FA class is now Boxer (unlimited slots).
    • Change: Flipkicks are now level 1 across the board.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
--MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_dotf.pk3
mb2_enclave.pk3
mb2_scarif.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name.

Fang

Donator
The increase to ROF nerf m5 sniper feels REALLY awkward. Overdone imo, probably would tone that down by 150-200

Duel thoughts on the new patch

I made this because I was convinced no one would make an effort to try to find out why things are broken but someone did that. Though not with as much detail as I did. It’s still worth a read because I make points nobody else made and give my unique perspective.

In the first video, I show parries in the current and previous build. First, I show them at normal speed and then I slow down each clip to quarter speed. I also included a couple of clips from the current update about slaps. Something seems to have changed that makes me get flung much further than it was possible before. That happens both with successful and unsuccessful slaps.

Currently in the parries swings can skip all frames and “start” a frame before the swing does damage. Not all swings in parries skip frames. In all of the Duels, there is only one skipped swing per parry. Usually skipped swing is a second swing of the parry but you can see the frame skipping on the third swing in Duel 6 and 8. Frame skips range from swings that seem to be a couple of frames long to ones that in one frame go from a swing in the parry ending to the next swing hitting. Upon close inspection, those that look okay aren’t okay when you are looking at them frame by frame.
I don’t exactly know what is happening with these parries. By looking at them, I can see that more “normal” ones happen when my opponent isn’t yawing much. Broken parries seem to happen when my opponent is yawing a lot. For example, Duels 9 and 11 for broken parries, and Duel 10 for normal parry.
In Duel 9 my second swing is SD and I’m hit by his SA which skips frames. In the previous update that would’ve been a parry and not interrupt. The angle of my SD swing compared to his model would compensate for me not yawing. In this clip, he yaws which seems to make his swing skip frames to the end and make my swing get interrupted. If you look at 1.9.3.1 parries, you can see that they all look smooth and predictable, the way Duel 10 parry looks.

Another point is that new parries clutter duels too much. It’s hard to understand, as you are dueling, what is happening. Too much is going on in a short time frame to recognize what has happened.
When I dueled on the first day of the 1.10 update, I thought that swings were faster, everyone seemed to be faster than before. To see whether I was right and the game was faster or not I made a couple of tests. In which I compared a couple of things between the current and previous versions. These tests showed me that swings and other things are not faster than they were before. I didn’t test this on an actual person with ping in the mix but it seems that swings are not faster than they were before. However, I’m not convinced that there is no difference between builds when it comes to swing speed. Sometimes it seems like the swings are faster but this isn’t the biggest problem of the current build.
Before I completed the aforementioned tests, I also made a video of duels from both versions. There were three weeks between the earliest and latest duel so the duels were similar in terms of my skill. Some opponents also played similarly to demos from the previous build. To me, these clips don’t show a difference in speed between the builds. I didn’t make a detailed comparison between them by trying to find the same or similar parts of the duels. If I did a more detailed comparison then maybe I’d find something but I doubt that. My conclusion from all of my work on this problem is that the new parries significantly alter the pace of duels. They alter it so much that the game feels faster when you are playing than it is.

Duels on 1.9.3.1 build in this video are from two hours of demos from late November. Duels on 1.10 are only from the first day of the update, from 40 minutes of dueling. At 17:55 duels against blue-style start but I had no duels from late November against it so there is no equivalent in 1.9.3.1. The same goes for cyan at 39:35. As I don’t to want to play broken duels, there is no extra cyan-style footage to balance out the video for comparison. I didn’t want to go through hours of demos to find some blue style on the previous build so that also isn’t in the video. Also sorry for the sounds on the saber cyan player is using. I play with no sound and haven’t changed saber sounds to one good set of sounds as I did for 1.10, so 1.9.3.1 saber sounds bad.

If you don’t want to read everything below. I wanted to test if the game is faster or not so I did nine tests in total. The result is that there is no difference between updates in slaps, swing speed, counters. Timings of combo chains, half swings and counters are unchanged. Also hitboxes didn’t change.

To show you what the tests I did look like I made a quick video with examples for each test. In the next paragraphs, I describe the tests further and why I did them. Some of these tests may seem useless but as always, when a new update shows up you tend to see all things with suspicion. You are not sure if those things are the same or if they work the same as in the previous update. In my search for a reason why the game is faster or if it is at all, I found that a lot of ideas came to my head. Each time I extinguished an idea, a new one replaced it. Some of these tests were good and some were pointless for what I was looking for but I did them anyway. I recorded all tests at 100 fps, then I matched both versions of the game to each other and then viewed them side by side. Checked if there is a difference between the builds by looking at the footage frame by frame.

In the first test, I measured the duration of slaps and when the dummy registered the hit. I did this test because I thought that in conjunction with swing speed being faster, the slaps were also made faster. I tested slaps in four positions. In the first, I placed myself to the side of the dummy to test the earliest moment a slap can hit. In the second position, I placed myself on the other side to test the latest moment the slap can hit. In the third position, I placed myself closest to the dummy and tested the distance of the slap. In the last position, I placed myself at the edge of the slap’s range.
In the second test, I’m making single swings in the air without yawing. Seven swings: W, WA, WD, A, D, SA, SD.
In the third test, I position myself closest to the dummy and do some combos without yawing. 7 combos: A-D-A-D, D-A-D-A, WA-WD-WA-WD, SD-SA-SD-SA, WA-SA-WA-SA, W-A-W-A, W-SA-SD.

After the third test, I figured out that it might be my yawing opponent breaking the parries or making faster swings, not me. So, I made my next tests with yawing. In the fourth test, I’m making single swings in the air and yawing 90° to the side of the swing direction. Seven swings: W, WA, WD, A, D, SA, SD.
In the fifth test, I’m doing the same thing as in the previous test but this time on a dummy. I yawed to 120° because that was easier to do without trying to be precise.
In the sixth test, I’m doing yawed combos on a training dummy. Combos: WD-SD, A-D-A-D, WA-SD-WD-A, Red’s WA-D-A.
In the seventh test, I’m comparing the duration of half-swing chains: A-A-A-A, D-D-D-D.
I did all combos by holding LMB. I did half-swing chains by starting to hold LMB in each animation/timing gap between when you can do a combo chain and when you can do a half-swing.

In the eighth test, I’m testing if counters are faster or if they can be started earlier than in the previous build. By using a turret on the right side of the shooting range, I was able to make counter swings off its shots hitting me. All counters I did by holding LMB and RMB and releasing them at the moment I got hit.

In the ninth test, I’m checking if the hitboxes are the same. I moved to the outside of the swing range and then moved forward and back. As I made swings, I looked at the starting position of my feet when I hit the dummy and when I didn’t. Seven swings: W, WA, WD, A, D, SA, SD. For this test, I didn’t bother closely matching all the swings to each other because that would be too much work. What I was seeing suggested to me that would be a waste of time. By looking at the clips side by side, I could estimate that in the new update, you can make a swing connect from a half-step further away than before, at best. If I matched footage this probably would be reduced to nothing or I’d find user errors. This half-step is equal to a light tap on the W key, so nothing.

These are all the tests I’ve done. I found no difference in tests 1–8 and I’m sure the same would be in the last test if I completed my work on it. I didn’t do the tests against real people and with ping so I cannot be 100% sure that the game isn’t faster. Sometimes it seems that swings are faster but I cannot be sure and I won’t do tests against real people. There is no point in doing that when parries are broken and reverting would fix any issue with the game’s speed if any ever existed.

Conclusion:
I don’t understand what problem were you trying to solve with new parries. Parries in the previous build were smooth. By trying to fix a non-existent problem, you broke sabering completely. The obvious conclusion from this would be to revert all non-stat changes to the sabering. Stat changes can stay. The previous saber build was stable and your changes to parries aren’t good. In my mind, they were implemented for no good reason.
New parries alter the pace of duels. New parries change the function of parries in duels. In the previous build parries between the same styles did a couple of things to the duel’s progress. They could be used to stalemate, stall, or as a way to get hits on an opponent that he couldn’t PB, primarily last hits. Now parries can be won with ease. The best way to prevent your opponent from winning a parry is to avoid parrying. You only need to wait for your turn to attack, PBing and managing the distance, in the meantime. The other way to win parries is to brute force your way through them. As you can see in my parry video, my opponents try to do that. They are rewarded for brainless dueling. As I don’t play like them, there’s no reason for me to try to get parries above one swing parry. With more than that I risk getting hit by frame skipped swing. I can win a duel by waiting for my turn.
New parries completely break dueling for me. As the way I play uses parries a lot, I’m now forced to wait for my turn. If only the swings were faster now, I could compensate for that as I’d still be able to use all the mechanics of sabering. With new parries, I cannot use parries whilst my opponent can, since I can only gain or lose massively from parries, mostly lose. Without the ability to do parries, I lose a couple of functions when dueling. I can’t use parries to move away from my opponent without having to PB when he chases me. I can’t use parries to stalemate the duel. I can’t use parries to make hits through my opponent’s defense. I can’t even get close to my opponent as now my only defense is PBs. This means I’m forced to attack from my swing’s outer range which makes them easier to PB.
In the previous build getting a parry could be good for you or bad or neither. Now the chance that you’ll get hit by a near-instant swing in the parry that either interrupts you or disrupts the pace of parry makes avoiding parries a must. If the pace of the parry gets disrupted, you won’t be able to complete the parry and the opponent will last hit you. The result of parries can now only be very good or very bad for you. The fix to this is obvious. Revert all changes made to sabering that aren’t stat changes.

Addendum. Above was written with me reading sabering changes only on the first day of the update. Not long after that I forgot about those changes and focused on what seemed to be broken. Having read the changes again, I’d add nothing to what I already wrote.

I’ll finish my open thoughts at a later point so I’m including bugs, spawn protection, and launcher problems here:

I haven’t tested it against players but on the shooting range you can shoot through Wookie’s head but only through the one with the eyepatch and red cape. When choosing a model, it’s the fourth Wookie in the third row. Hitbox problem?
New Plo Koon has broken LODs. When I’m playing on a full server, my model’s high LOD is able to kick in which means that the model’s legs disappear. Doubt that anyone would make such a mistake so this is a lazy way to make a higher LOD. Also why didn’t you make gloved Plo Koon a variant of the previous model?

When spawn protection works, it lasts for too long and is too strong. Two examples. On Telos with the enemy rushing into the Imp spawn and me staying in it, I was able to kill Hero as BH even after getting pushed and with him shooting me on the ground. In the second example on Smuggler, a grenade was thrown into the window area at least five seconds after the round started. Playing as BH the grenade hit me and knocked me down but it did no damage. I should’ve lost half my health but instead lost nothing.
Spawn protection should be reduced to a point where it only protects against TKs at the round’s immediate start. I’d rather get TKed 10 seconds into the round instead of shooting bullet sponge spawn-protected players every few rounds. Beginning of the round TKs are rare unless there is a player intentionally TKing. At that point, you need an admin. Shooting spawn-protected players is more common and is a fundamental part of the game. This is impeded by aggressive spawn protection.

I don’t remember since when it’s like that but the launcher no longer asks if I want to update. Unless I’m blind there is no longer an option in the launcher to enable that, or was that by default? Anyway, this was very useful for me to back up the previous build before updating. If I hadn’t made a backup a few months before I would need to install the previous build of MB2 again when I only wanted to record demos from the previous build. Don’t know why this was changed but it should be changed back to the way it was. For now, I’ll back up after every new update.​

Duel thoughts on the new patch

I made this because I was convinced no one would make an effort to try to find out why things are broken but someone did that. Though not with as much detail as I did. It’s still worth a read because I make points nobody else made and give my unique perspective.

In the first video, I show parries in the current and previous build. First, I show them at normal speed and then I slow down each clip to quarter speed. I also included a couple of clips from the current update about slaps. Something seems to have changed that makes me get flung much further than it was possible before. That happens both with successful and unsuccessful slaps.

Currently in the parries swings can skip all frames and “start” a frame before the swing does damage. Not all swings in parries skip frames. In all of the Duels, there is only one skipped swing per parry. Usually skipped swing is a second swing of the parry but you can see the frame skipping on the third swing in Duel 6 and 8. Frame skips range from swings that seem to be a couple of frames long to ones that in one frame go from a swing in the parry ending to the next swing hitting. Upon close inspection, those that look okay aren’t okay when you are looking at them frame by frame.
I don’t exactly know what is happening with these parries. By looking at them, I can see that more “normal” ones happen when my opponent isn’t yawing much. Broken parries seem to happen when my opponent is yawing a lot. For example, Duels 9 and 11 for broken parries, and Duel 10 for normal parry.
In Duel 9 my second swing is SD and I’m hit by his SA which skips frames. In the previous update that would’ve been a parry and not interrupt. The angle of my SD swing compared to his model would compensate for me not yawing. In this clip, he yaws which seems to make his swing skip frames to the end and make my swing get interrupted. If you look at 1.9.3.1 parries, you can see that they all look smooth and predictable, the way Duel 10 parry looks.

Another point is that new parries clutter duels too much. It’s hard to understand, as you are dueling, what is happening. Too much is going on in a short time frame to recognize what has happened.
When I dueled on the first day of the 1.10 update, I thought that swings were faster, everyone seemed to be faster than before. To see whether I was right and the game was faster or not I made a couple of tests. In which I compared a couple of things between the current and previous versions. These tests showed me that swings and other things are not faster than they were before. I didn’t test this on an actual person with ping in the mix but it seems that swings are not faster than they were before. However, I’m not convinced that there is no difference between builds when it comes to swing speed. Sometimes it seems like the swings are faster but this isn’t the biggest problem of the current build.
Before I completed the aforementioned tests, I also made a video of duels from both versions. There were three weeks between the earliest and latest duel so the duels were similar in terms of my skill. Some opponents also played similarly to demos from the previous build. To me, these clips don’t show a difference in speed between the builds. I didn’t make a detailed comparison between them by trying to find the same or similar parts of the duels. If I did a more detailed comparison then maybe I’d find something but I doubt that. My conclusion from all of my work on this problem is that the new parries significantly alter the pace of duels. They alter it so much that the game feels faster when you are playing than it is.

Duels on 1.9.3.1 build in this video are from two hours of demos from late November. Duels on 1.10 are only from the first day of the update, from 40 minutes of dueling. At 17:55 duels against blue-style start but I had no duels from late November against it so there is no equivalent in 1.9.3.1. The same goes for cyan at 39:35. As I don’t to want to play broken duels, there is no extra cyan-style footage to balance out the video for comparison. I didn’t want to go through hours of demos to find some blue style on the previous build so that also isn’t in the video. Also sorry for the sounds on the saber cyan player is using. I play with no sound and haven’t changed saber sounds to one good set of sounds as I did for 1.10, so 1.9.3.1 saber sounds bad.

If you don’t want to read everything below. I wanted to test if the game is faster or not so I did nine tests in total. The result is that there is no difference between updates in slaps, swing speed, counters. Timings of combo chains, half swings and counters are unchanged. Also hitboxes didn’t change.

To show you what the tests I did look like I made a quick video with examples for each test. In the next paragraphs, I describe the tests further and why I did them. Some of these tests may seem useless but as always, when a new update shows up you tend to see all things with suspicion. You are not sure if those things are the same or if they work the same as in the previous update. In my search for a reason why the game is faster or if it is at all, I found that a lot of ideas came to my head. Each time I extinguished an idea, a new one replaced it. Some of these tests were good and some were pointless for what I was looking for but I did them anyway. I recorded all tests at 100 fps, then I matched both versions of the game to each other and then viewed them side by side. Checked if there is a difference between the builds by looking at the footage frame by frame.

In the first test, I measured the duration of slaps and when the dummy registered the hit. I did this test because I thought that in conjunction with swing speed being faster, the slaps were also made faster. I tested slaps in four positions. In the first, I placed myself to the side of the dummy to test the earliest moment a slap can hit. In the second position, I placed myself on the other side to test the latest moment the slap can hit. In the third position, I placed myself closest to the dummy and tested the distance of the slap. In the last position, I placed myself at the edge of the slap’s range.
In the second test, I’m making single swings in the air without yawing. Seven swings: W, WA, WD, A, D, SA, SD.
In the third test, I position myself closest to the dummy and do some combos without yawing. 7 combos: A-D-A-D, D-A-D-A, WA-WD-WA-WD, SD-SA-SD-SA, WA-SA-WA-SA, W-A-W-A, W-SA-SD.

After the third test, I figured out that it might be my yawing opponent breaking the parries or making faster swings, not me. So, I made my next tests with yawing. In the fourth test, I’m making single swings in the air and yawing 90° to the side of the swing direction. Seven swings: W, WA, WD, A, D, SA, SD.
In the fifth test, I’m doing the same thing as in the previous test but this time on a dummy. I yawed to 120° because that was easier to do without trying to be precise.
In the sixth test, I’m doing yawed combos on a training dummy. Combos: WD-SD, A-D-A-D, WA-SD-WD-A, Red’s WA-D-A.
In the seventh test, I’m comparing the duration of half-swing chains: A-A-A-A, D-D-D-D.
I did all combos by holding LMB. I did half-swing chains by starting to hold LMB in each animation/timing gap between when you can do a combo chain and when you can do a half-swing.

In the eighth test, I’m testing if counters are faster or if they can be started earlier than in the previous build. By using a turret on the right side of the shooting range, I was able to make counter swings off its shots hitting me. All counters I did by holding LMB and RMB and releasing them at the moment I got hit.

In the ninth test, I’m checking if the hitboxes are the same. I moved to the outside of the swing range and then moved forward and back. As I made swings, I looked at the starting position of my feet when I hit the dummy and when I didn’t. Seven swings: W, WA, WD, A, D, SA, SD. For this test, I didn’t bother closely matching all the swings to each other because that would be too much work. What I was seeing suggested to me that would be a waste of time. By looking at the clips side by side, I could estimate that in the new update, you can make a swing connect from a half-step further away than before, at best. If I matched footage this probably would be reduced to nothing or I’d find user errors. This half-step is equal to a light tap on the W key, so nothing.

These are all the tests I’ve done. I found no difference in tests 1–8 and I’m sure the same would be in the last test if I completed my work on it. I didn’t do the tests against real people and with ping so I cannot be 100% sure that the game isn’t faster. Sometimes it seems that swings are faster but I cannot be sure and I won’t do tests against real people. There is no point in doing that when parries are broken and reverting would fix any issue with the game’s speed if any ever existed.

Conclusion:
I don’t understand what problem were you trying to solve with new parries. Parries in the previous build were smooth. By trying to fix a non-existent problem, you broke sabering completely. The obvious conclusion from this would be to revert all non-stat changes to the sabering. Stat changes can stay. The previous saber build was stable and your changes to parries aren’t good. In my mind, they were implemented for no good reason.
New parries alter the pace of duels. New parries change the function of parries in duels. In the previous build parries between the same styles did a couple of things to the duel’s progress. They could be used to stalemate, stall, or as a way to get hits on an opponent that he couldn’t PB, primarily last hits. Now parries can be won with ease. The best way to prevent your opponent from winning a parry is to avoid parrying. You only need to wait for your turn to attack, PBing and managing the distance, in the meantime. The other way to win parries is to brute force your way through them. As you can see in my parry video, my opponents try to do that. They are rewarded for brainless dueling. As I don’t play like them, there’s no reason for me to try to get parries above one swing parry. With more than that I risk getting hit by frame skipped swing. I can win a duel by waiting for my turn.
New parries completely break dueling for me. As the way I play uses parries a lot, I’m now forced to wait for my turn. If only the swings were faster now, I could compensate for that as I’d still be able to use all the mechanics of sabering. With new parries, I cannot use parries whilst my opponent can, since I can only gain or lose massively from parries, mostly lose. Without the ability to do parries, I lose a couple of functions when dueling. I can’t use parries to move away from my opponent without having to PB when he chases me. I can’t use parries to stalemate the duel. I can’t use parries to make hits through my opponent’s defense. I can’t even get close to my opponent as now my only defense is PBs. This means I’m forced to attack from my swing’s outer range which makes them easier to PB.
In the previous build getting a parry could be good for you or bad or neither. Now the chance that you’ll get hit by a near-instant swing in the parry that either interrupts you or disrupts the pace of parry makes avoiding parries a must. If the pace of the parry gets disrupted, you won’t be able to complete the parry and the opponent will last hit you. The result of parries can now only be very good or very bad for you. The fix to this is obvious. Revert all changes made to sabering that aren’t stat changes.

Addendum. Above was written with me reading sabering changes only on the first day of the update. Not long after that I forgot about those changes and focused on what seemed to be broken. Having read the changes again, I’d add nothing to what I already wrote.

I’ll finish my open thoughts at a later point so I’m including bugs, spawn protection, and launcher problems here:

I haven’t tested it against players but on the shooting range you can shoot through Wookie’s head but only through the one with the eyepatch and red cape. When choosing a model, it’s the fourth Wookie in the third row. Hitbox problem?
New Plo Koon has broken LODs. When I’m playing on a full server, my model’s high LOD is able to kick in which means that the model’s legs disappear. Doubt that anyone would make such a mistake so this is a lazy way to make a higher LOD. Also why didn’t you make gloved Plo Koon a variant of the previous model?

When spawn protection works, it lasts for too long and is too strong. Two examples. On Telos with the enemy rushing into the Imp spawn and me staying in it, I was able to kill Hero as BH even after getting pushed and with him shooting me on the ground. In the second example on Smuggler, a grenade was thrown into the window area at least five seconds after the round started. Playing as BH the grenade hit me and knocked me down but it did no damage. I should’ve lost half my health but instead lost nothing.
Spawn protection should be reduced to a point where it only protects against TKs at the round’s immediate start. I’d rather get TKed 10 seconds into the round instead of shooting bullet sponge spawn-protected players every few rounds. Beginning of the round TKs are rare unless there is a player intentionally TKing. At that point, you need an admin. Shooting spawn-protected players is more common and is a fundamental part of the game. This is impeded by aggressive spawn protection.

I don’t remember since when it’s like that but the launcher no longer asks if I want to update. Unless I’m blind there is no longer an option in the launcher to enable that, or was that by default? Anyway, this was very useful for me to back up the previous build before updating. If I hadn’t made a backup a few months before I would need to install the previous build of MB2 again when I only wanted to record demos from the previous build. Don’t know why this was changed but it should be changed back to the way it was. For now, I’ll back up after every new update.​
just dont duel

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
New Plo Koon has broken LODs. When I’m playing on a full server, my model’s high LOD is able to kick in which means that the model’s legs disappear. Doubt that anyone would make such a mistake so this is a lazy way to make a higher LOD. Also why didn’t you make gloved Plo Koon a variant of the previous model?​

TCW Plo's LOD issue has already been addressed, but thank you for feedback. It will be fixed. Although the legs shouldn't disappear even with broken LODs (I just tested) so that might be something else on your end.
Gloved skin was always meant to be the real thing. His TCW appearance had the gloves on all the time as far as I'm concerned, hence no gloveless variant. We just couldn't do the gloves justice at the time the skin was first added.

TCW Plo's LOD issue has already been addressed, but thank you for feedback. It will be fixed. Although the legs shouldn't disappear even with broken LODs (I just tested) so that might be something else on your end.
Gloved skin was always meant to be the real thing. His TCW appearance had the gloves on all the time as far as I'm concerned, hence no gloveless variant. We just couldn't do the gloves justice at the time the skin was first added.

These gaps are my problem. Was this what was fixed? I checked LODs before recording and didn’t see this issue in Blender. The gaps only show up on a full server and at times they disappear as in the recording. I removed my mod pack before recording the demo.​

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team

These gaps are my problem. Was this what was fixed? I checked LODs before recording and didn’t see this issue in Blender. The gaps only show up on a full server and at times they disappear as in the recording. I removed my mod pack before recording the demo.​
Yes, it's the one what was fixed.

Open thoughts

Armor Fix
Thanks to your fix of the armor bug, it takes longer to kill anyone. You buffed Projectile rifle and increased Wookie’s health. Instakill is still instakill (explosives). The damage all other weapons do is the same as before. Because of this it takes longer to kill anyone and game plays worse.
Before there was some balance in firefights between long fights and instant kills. This balance is now broken. Firefights take too long to resolve and instant kills make the game more frustrating. You should decrease armor protection value to the way it was before the bug fix or buff damage of all the weapons.

ARC
My main problem with ARC is how easy it is to play the class well. That’s because of M5 being always accurate which gives ARC ability to be effective at all ranges. The lower rate of fire doesn’t matter much. Accuracy increase from being accurate while moving easily offsets that difference. The lower rate of fire can only be a problem at close range if you aren’t fast enough and can’t lead shots well enough to use M5's perfect accuracy. To have a full build with M5 ARC doesn’t have to sacrifice anything. You can get rid of Stamina and take Ammo 2 to get yourself 2 Pulse Grenades and a Scope or you can take the Grenade Launcher with 3 uses. If you do that you still have Dex 3 and you only need to manage your stamina a bit more. ARC doesn’t have to sacrifice anything to be effective in killing people and still be able to deal with Deka or SBD if one shows up. Not to mention 100 armor you never have to get rid of to afford all of the mentioned items.

I’d be fine with ARC being accurate when running but he’d have to sacrifice something worthwhile. My idea is to use Dex levels to balance the class. As you take higher Dex levels, you should need to sacrifice a lot more. Dex 1 should be the same as Dex 2 is now but your shots are inaccurate when running and jumping. Dex 2 giving you the ability to shoot when rolling and during the getup. Dex 3 giving you accuracy when running and jumping. With Dex 3 you should have to sacrifice two levels of armor and one level of Ammo to get M5 scope. 50 Armor should be good balancing choice for a full-power ARC. There should also be enough points to get you a Grenade Launcher instead of the Scope.

Change of 350 ms to 750 ms delay between M5 Scope shots is a good change. The knockback from one hit stops a person for such a significant amount of time that double shots were too frequent. Now ARC has to aim all his shots instead of doing it once and shooting twice for massive damage. 50 Damage is still too much and should be reduced to 40 as the projectile is still easy to hit people with thanks to its speed. To compensate you should reduce ammunition usage of M5 Scope by a small amount. Add one or two more projectiles to the clip's capacity.

Wookie
Bowcaster 3 is always accurate, only at extended range, DotF main’s length, its inaccuracy shows up. That inaccuracy isn’t much as you can still run the whole time and be accurate enough to hit people. Wookie is far too strong at a range and with high damage of Bowcaster he can run through you in close range. As Wookie is bigger, his gun is also higher than other classes so there is no way he can hit legs. He will have a much higher chance to hit torso and headshots. With no way to hit his opponent’s legs, he will deal higher damage than any other class. The low rate of fire can be a problem in close range but with 450 health you can run through your opponents. Bigger projectiles help you with that. You will lose a lot of health but they will be dead.

My problem with this is that Wookie is one life class but it’s too strong for one life class. You don’t have to worry about getting pushed so you can run all the time. You have so much ammunition that you can hold LMB and by the end of the round you might be halfway through it. The low rate of fire can be a problem in close range but at the end of the day only shots that you hit matter. Wookie can hit 30 damage shots without a problem. You can also charge your shots to do massive damage.

Wookie with Bowcaster 3 shouldn’t have 450 health. He should be restricted to 300 health. Rage Wookie can have 450 health. The problem with Wookie having 300 health would be over buffed Projectile rifle. Bowcaster will still be a too strong of a gun but with lowered health Wookie would be fairer to fight against.

Projectile Rifle, BH and Hero
Currently Projectile rifle deals far too much damage for body shots. I understand why you buffed it. Hitting a body shot isn’t hard. Headshots being able to deliver big damage is understandable as this requires more skill. Projectile rifle's body hit killing or nearly killing most of the classes is broken. This allows snipers an easy way to be effective and outperform other classes. They don’t even have to use any other weapons. On smaller maps like Smuggler, they are not as strong. Luckily, most of the popular maps are bigger and allow for easy sniping. The damage should go back to the way it was.

Sometimes it feels like snipers don’t even have to wait before they can shoot. It feels as if they scope in on your screen and can shoot nearly immediately. The delay before sniper can shoot should be increased. If you scope after initiating the jump to the side, you will be ready to shoot at the same moment you land the jump. The delay before being able to shoot Projectile rifle should be increased by half a second.

Front kick, sweep, gunbash and getup animations on BH and other classes allow for shooting immediately when they end. When that happens, it looks as if BH is starting to shoot when the animation is at the end of its duration. That’s how fast he can start shooting again. This makes them failing to hit you with one of those still not a safe time to attack as a Jedi. Because they can use it as bait, it’s hard to attack them. They are dangerous in close range but you need to get in close to swing at them. When you can’t get close for fear of getting hit with these moves, you must stay outside to bait the move. But you can’t bait them if they can start shooting again immediately after failing to hit you. Haven’t encountered this often but it’s common enough that it’s very annoying when it happens.

I’d write something about Quick Throw being overpowered but it’s almost never used. What compelled me to think about it is one situation where Quick Throw was used against me. I thought my opponent was using multibind or macro. In my mind it was impossible to quickly switch to the Grenade, throw it and then shoot me with E-11 while I still haven’t activated quick getup. In trying to work out how that happened, I read in the Library how Quick Throw works. Took some effort to understand what was written but I got it and what happened to me was normal. I still think that Quick Throw is very hard to react to and has an ability to bypass Gunner duels entirely like Clone’s Concussion Blasts. As almost no one takes Quick Throw I can’t be sure if I just got hit with the best of Quick Throws. Maybe Quick Throw is a problem.

Dodge
It's obvious that Dodge is too strong. In 1 vs. 1 duel, it easily allows you to dodge two shots worth of health points. If you don’t get hit, you don’t get knocked back and so you are harder to hit than your opponent. If you win the duel, you still have Dodge regenerating for the future. By pressing one button, you saved a big amount of health.

Dodge also allows for much easier timing of out of cover fire when being suppressed. Without Dodge you only have a limited window for counter fire without being hit. At some point suppressive fire is too heavy to peek out at all, not so with Dodge. With Dodge you can peek out indefinitely. Even with massive suppressive fire you can get some shots off before having to get back into cover.

Dodge should be replaced by Bacta or equivalent for armor. This way previously a Dodge user can heal but it doesn’t prevent him from dying. Now he would be playing by the same rules as everyone else. He cannot avoid suppressive fire. He will get knocked back when hit. He’ll have to choose when to use his health or armor heal.

Deka
The ability for Projectile rifle to do damage to Deka through its shield makes Deka too weak on more open maps. On smaller maps it’s better. With 300 health it takes about 5 shots from Projectile rifle to kill Deka. The number of shots is fine on small maps but on open maps there’s nothing Deka can do to counter far away snipers. While this change allows Rebs to get through choke points easier, it makes Deka not fun to play. Deka requires deploying to do anything in a round. You can die before having a chance to do anything. Currently Projectile rifle discourages deploying in areas that don’t force short-range firefights.

I have an idea to make it possible for more classes to do lasting damage to Deka or to kill it instead of simply dying when they encounter it. You should force ARC to take more support items or allow for all classes to do damage through the shield to Deka. The damage should be only 1–2 health points per hit. This will allow for all classes to do something against Deka if it camps and keeps going into cover to regenerate its shield. This will prevent Deka from tanking all the damage but it will still be able to stand in the open for a long while. Slow health loss will allow Deka to last throughout the round and deploy more freely instead of quickly dying.

Mandalorian
New EE-3 is often a trash gun. Its secondary mode is worse than the primary mode. What I don’t like about it is that the gun’s always accurate burst allows for a tanky class to spend less time in the open than if it fired like a normal gun. EE-3 should never be accurate when running. Its secondary mode is inconsistent with how all other guns work. It should scope you in like in the first person instead of having this weird zoom over the head. All you had to do to fix EE-3 was to remove overheating from the gun.

Amban rifle taser animation is bad because the players’ model will often obscure the beginning of the animation. If you are not prepared, this makes it harder to react to a quick and abrupt animation of the taser. The animation should start by Mandalorian lifting the rifle over his head then lunging.

The second problem with taser is that it takes away 3/4 of the clip on your weapons or full clip if you have less than that left. This happens to a equipped and unequipped weapons. Many weapons have a long reload that forces you to switch to the pistol. But it also loses most of its clip and you only have a few shots before having to reload. This makes an awkward fight even worse as you have to reload or run away. Mandalorian can start shooting his Amban rifle nearly immediately after tasing you or switch to another weapon. Also, low magnification of Amban rifle’s scope allows for somewhat easy hits on electrocuted enemies, which make weird but predictable moves while they panic.

My problem with the Amban rifle is that with body shots it’s weak but is capable of being too strong with headshots. I don’t like how you can shoot nearly immediately after scoping in. Base damage of 60 isn’t much with body shot but with a headshot it’s a lot. While EE-3 sniper mode could do a lot of damage, it wasn’t as high as Amban rifle can get to. With Mandalorian’s ability to jetpack into places where he becomes unnoticeable, he becomes too strong as a sniper. More than before thanks to the higher maximum damage than with previous version’s EE-3. I dislike the proliferation of snipers and would like the old Mandalorian back. Also, I dislike the increase of the number of players with burst weapons thanks to the new EE-3.

Whistling birds now mostly suck. They can be used when shooting someone to deal some extra damage but other than that they are useless. Rocket and wrist lasers are better. Instead of making whistling birds be multi-target, you should make it a single target only. To use them instead of lock-on the player should follow his target’s model with his crosshair. He should do that while priming the birds or also when the birds are flying. This would need more skill and would justify health and FP damage increase. The target should be able to dodge the birds if they are shot at him from farther away. My last problem with whistling birds is that they don’t launch in a straight line and because of that hit the walls. Their launch looks cool now but in close quarters the birds are likely to be wasted. Whistling birds should launch in a straight line.

Beskar, as someone in one of the previous posts said, makes tanky class a chore to kill. Beskar shouldn’t give protection against blasters. Protection against explosives is fine. Also, maybe protection against Projectile rifle would be a good addition. Basically, protection against instakill or damage that takes away most of the health. With full Beskar Mandalorian should still be able to survive one yellow-style saber hit.
Lastly, Amban should get an indicator for when you are ready to fire. An indicator similar to Projectile rifle one.

Clone
I have three problems with Clones. First is their far too high health and armor for a two-life class. This should get lowered to slightly more than that of Elite Trooper.
My second problem is with knockback and rate of fire of CR2 and CR3. Even lucky headshots with those will slow you down to a crawl and if you aren’t playing as BH you no longer can evade their shots due to that and CR’s rate of fire. The amount of push from their projectiles is too much. Knockback should be capped on Clone Rifles to a degree where using one is no longer an easy mode for Clones. While Clone Rifles do lower damage than other guns, the difference is minor. With how much of a near constant push you can do with them, the opponent has a harder time to aim than against other non-burst weapons.

The third problem is with Concussion blasts and how many of them Clones can have. Concussion blasts themselves are overpowered. They aren’t the easiest to hit in close quarters fight but still not hard. If you hit an enemy gunner with one, they will be dead soon. For the skill required to hit one Concussion blast, the reward is huge. Clones are allowed to bypass close range duels entirely. This is on top of how much health and armor they have and an ability to get second life with more Concussion blasts. These should be deleted or their function should get changed from a knockdown on hit to something else. Ion blasts are more balanced. They still allow free hits on an electrocuted gunner but the gunner can evade Clone’s shots. The duel is not decided by the Clone hitting an Ion blast.

Knockback
The first problem of knockback is its inconsistency. Some people get pushed by the same shots a lot more than others, while some not at all. Ping affects how much someone gets pushed? To this are added three levels of knockback. Legs, torso and head. Knockback feels way too big when you get hit by a headshot. The speed reduction from getting knocked back allows the opponent to make easier consecutive hits. This was notable with M5 Scoped and still is with burst weapons.

The second problem with knockback is how strong it is. Especially on headshots but on body shots it’s also visible. Can be observed with Projectile rifle, Amban, M5 Scoped and somewhat with burst weapons. Knockback should get capped at 40 or there should be no extra knockback on headshots. Damage bonus is enough of a positive to go for headshots. Having more knockback allows for easier follow-up shots and makes headshots too strong.

If knockback gets capped, there might be a problem with Jedi vs. Gunner. Though I don’t think it will be much of a problem as you can knockback Jedi only when they are swinging. One or two shots per each of their swing. Most of the time your hits are body hits. If it becomes a problem then reintroduction of yawing limits would help. With the ability to miss a yawed swing, the positioning will matter a little bit more for Jedi. Gunners will have an easier time in the timing of the shots on swinging Jedi. There will be a bigger difference between good and bad position for a Jedi to swing from. Positioning would matter for Jedi instead of them hugging the gunners and spinning for the win as it’s prevalent now.

New Weapon Sounds
All of the new weapon’s sounds sound as if they were toys instead of weapons. Good thing I play with no sound, so very rarely I have a pleasure to hear them. Why do you touch things that don’t need to be touched?
Secondary fire of Clone Pistols 2 and 3 seems to still have old weapon sounds. I don’t remember old sounds well enough but it looks as if you didn’t change the sounds of Pistols secondary mode.​

I'm gonna defend the new sounds, I've noticed that they're less stressful and cause less audial sensory overload compared to the old sounds. In the hypothetical situations where devs would decide to revert weapon sounds back, the current ones should be left around as an option, a QoL feature.

I'm gonna defend the new sounds, I've noticed that they're less stressful and cause less audial sensory overload compared to the old sounds. In the hypothetical situations where devs would decide to revert weapon sounds back, the current ones should be left around as an option, a QoL feature.
Understandable. On my saber I use modified Jedi: Fallen Order sounds. To me they sound very good but they do get annoying very quickly.