Force ''Push'' nerf / thoughts and questions.

He's saying switching away from saber to fists, or if you only have fists, could allow Force Focus against enemy force users faster. It's that shimmery glow around an enemy force user when you're close to them and looking at them for a few seconds, it allows powers to work through force block.
Isn't that a mechanic just to have a mechanic though, I mean if a jedi had a saber out or not would not change how fast he can focus on his enemies, this is why it doesn't make sense lore-wise for it to be a thing. Though I guess it would be an alternative way to empower forcewhore but the most simple way to do this would be to either lower the cost of powers or increase their pool since that could be explained by experience or natural affinity.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Isn't that a mechanic just to have a mechanic though, I mean if a jedi had a saber out or not would not change how fast he can focus on his enemies, this is why it doesn't make sense lore-wise for it to be a thing. Though I guess it would be an alternative way to empower forcewhore but the most simple way to do this would be to either lower the cost of powers or increase their pool since that could be explained by experience or natural affinity.
He meant to have it as a way to empower force only users, not because of any lore. This is a game so gameplay > lore. Even if you have a saber there are abilities like Super Push that require you to be in melee to use so a faster Focus would be nice when attempting it, trade off is you're vulnerable.

I'm saying this because it is near impossible to kill a saberist with a force whore. Quicker focus could help this but also put the user at risk since they can't parry attacks to deflect blows from sith.

I mainly play gunner in Open and honestly I think Push doesn't need much tweaking. If you get good enough at gunner you usually can take on a jedi in a 1v1, but even if you can't then that only gives you more reason to employ teamwork. And if you had to aim push, every team would get hit by every rocket and grenade because of how fast they move. And if you slow that down, then people could have too long to react and people would die before the grenade reached the enemy and on and on... it's a long line just to tweak one thing that is usually able to be adapted to anyway.

And if you don't want to get pushed around, walk. If you don't want to get cut up, don't run away, just dodge, crouch, maybe use some melee, or rely on your aim & hope for the best.