•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Can't run MB2

Just got Jedi Academy today just because I wanted to use this mod. Everything went normally but I every time I launched mb2 it just started up plain Jedi Academy multiplayer. I've tried a bunch of troubleshooting techniques and all of them have not worked and I have also looked online. I have all the mb2 files in gamedata but it still won't work.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
mb2 files in gamedata
You actually should have MBII Folder in GameData, and bunch of files in MBII folder.

MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

Right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.
Delete files "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" from these folders:
  1. Jedi Academy\GameData
  2. Jedi Academy\GameData\base
  3. Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII

You actually should have MBII Folder in GameData, and bunch of files in MBII folder.

Right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.
Delete files "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" from these folders:
  1. Jedi Academy\GameData
  2. Jedi Academy\GameData\base
  3. Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII
Tried it, still didn't work. When I went to the MBII launcher and clicked play, it just brought me to Jedi Academy's multiplayer. And when I try to load the mod in-game, it doesn't show any mods there. :(

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
I'm going to use my psychic powers and say you have the steam version of the game and said no to steam integration?

If you do have the steam version of the game, go into the launcher settings and make sure steam integration is enabled. If you do have the steam version and don't see the checkbox, what is the path to the steam library JKA is installed to?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Tried it, still didn't work.
Could you please tell me, which word in phrase 'Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here' you didn't understand?
Please do *not* say "didn't work", post log instead.

Also try:
MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.

I'm going to use my psychic powers and say you have the steam version of the game and said no to steam integration?

If you do have the steam version of the game, go into the launcher settings and make sure steam integration is enabled. If you do have the steam version and don't see the checkbox, what is the path to the steam library JKA is installed to?
I do have the steam integration and i don't
Could you please tell me, which word in phrase 'Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here' you didn't understand?
Please do *not* say "didn't work", post log instead.

Also try:
MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.

INFO: Installation completed
Movie Battles II Log file Created on: 1/20/2018 7:59:42 AM
===================================================

Current Launcher's configuration
Installation type (Complete/Basic): COMPLETE
Installation folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\
Client: JAMP
Custom launch parameters:

Additional Informations
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
INFO: Version file missing > unknown version
INFO: Launcher checks if MBII is installed > YES

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
INFO: Installation completed
You still ignore my suggestion =\
Could you please do *exactly* what I did say?
This is wrong log, because correct one is created after repairing installation. It's much bigger, full of MD5 hashes.

So one more time,
Do exactly what I asked for.
Click on "Repair installation" and wait till it complete (may take a lot of time).
After that, go to "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs", pick latest log (it should be about 11KB), and post it in this thread.

You still ignore my suggestion =\
Could you please do *exactly* what I did say?
This is wrong log, because correct one is created after repairing installation. It's much bigger, full of MD5 hashes.

So one more time,
Do exactly what I asked for.
Click on "Repair installation" and wait till it complete (may take a lot of time).
After that, go to "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs", pick latest log (it should be about 11KB), and post it in this thread.
When I clicked on repair installation it took like 5 seconds, not a long time. And all my logs (even my most recent one) aren't even close to being 11 kb, all mine are short and only 1 or 2 kb...

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
When I clicked on repair installation it took like 5 seconds, not a long time. And all my logs (even my most recent one) aren't even close to being 11 kb, all mine are short and only 1 or 2 kb...
ok then.

"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII" => Ctrl + A => right click on selected files => Properties => uncheck 'Read only' => OK.
Repeat for these folders:
  1. Jedi Academy\GameData
  2. Jedi Academy\GameData\mme
  3. Jedi Academy\GameData\mmeMBII
Make sure you start Launcher as admin and Launcher is allowed to access Internet.
Whilelist Launcher in any firewalls and anti-viruses you have (Kaspersky, Comodo, Nod32...).

Even if after this there will be no logs about or more 11KB in size, please pack your whole "MBII_Launcher\logs" directory into a single .zip file and upload that file to this thread ("Upload a File" button).

ok then.

"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII" => Ctrl + A => right click on selected files => Properties => uncheck 'Read only' => OK.
Repeat for these folders:
  1. Jedi Academy\GameData
  2. Jedi Academy\GameData\mme
  3. Jedi Academy\GameData\mmeMBII
Make sure you start Launcher as admin and Launcher is allowed to access Internet.
Whilelist Launcher in any firewalls and anti-viruses you have (Kaspersky, Comodo, Nod32...).

Even if after this there will be no logs about or more 11KB in size, please pack your whole "MBII_Launcher\logs" directory into a single .zip file and upload that file to this thread ("Upload a File" button).
Still nothing happened and all the logs are 1 kb but here are all the logs;

Attachments

• log_19-1-18_6-40.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 373

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Still nothing happened and all the logs are 1 kb but here are all the logs;
This is frustrating. Something is blocking Launcher from being fully operational =\
Please follow perform each and every step, carefully and precisely:

Delete these folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Movie_Battles_Team

Disable, fully and entirely, any anti-viruses and firewalls you have (Avast, AVG, Kaspersky...).

Right-click on "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.
Make sure you get full control over subfolders as well!

Start MBII Launcher as admin => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.

Left side of the Launcher is supposed to have news. Do see latest news there, or left panel is empty and has no text?
Are you able to open this link in browser: http://update.moviebattles.org/lists/binaries_windows.list ?