•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Preventing players to steal your name

I dont know if it's possible but can devs add a system which players cannot use or steal your nickname?

Lets just say my name is Niko and if someone tries to write as Niko then his name would become Niko[1] something like that
Thank you

ThEra

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Did the person who stole your name also write some obscene stuff under your name? If so, then you have fallen prey to a notorious troll who has taken many names from many of his victims. He is the scourge of the EU mb2 community and the devs are powerless against him. All you can do is pray he grows tired of your name and moves on to another victim asap. And that he doesnt kill u with a quick throw nade followed by a kata chain.

Did the person who stole your name also write some obscene stuff under your name? If so, then you have fallen prey to a notorious troll who has taken many names from many of his victims. He is the scourge of the EU mb2 community and the devs are powerless against him. All you can do is pray he grows tired of your name and moves on to another victim asap. And that he doesnt kill u with a quick throw nade followed by a kata chain.
What if someone takes this seriously and destroys my reputation?

I dont know if it's possible but can devs add a system which players cannot use or steal your nickname?

Lets just say my name is Niko and if someone tries to write as Niko then his name would become Niko[1] something like that
Thank you
Devs are powerless against omelette no matter how much you ban him. He will always come back, he will always spam stuff about sheevs big old wrinkly stick. Best for you that you teamkill omelette the second he enters a round.

ThEra

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
You clearly never went in an open server when prince was around. He almost managed to bypass the impersonation system by putting a letter from a different language in his name and spams stuff about sheevs big old wrinkly stick. Happened to me yesterday.
Yet another victim of the Omelette Prince. When will his reign of terror come to a decisive end?

Kitsu-Nesh'Kaa

Internal Beta Team
1. Introduce OTF or TTF support in the game - fonts are more convenient than sprites.
2. Prohibit (only in the nickname) signs that are not English - It will prohibit the use of similar letters of third-party languages and letters with accents. (Á á á̃ Ấ ấ Ắ ắ Ǻ ǻ Á̧ á̧ Ä́ ä́ Ã́ ã́ and etc "geonosian language")
3. Ban trolls - In the 20th year, it’s time to think about safety and comfort for regular players and especially newcomers.

2cwldys

FA Contributor
Donator
Internal Beta Team

Thank you

I use Ilyssa Hosting, which offers VPN protection, and anti-impersonation renaming scripts.
Soon, they will be adding rcon marktk clientid, assigning probation against TKing VPN & ban evaders.

Code:
//IN judgement.yml

---
allowedVpnIps: []
renameImpostorsAndEmptyNames: true // <-- **!!
spammerMuteDuration: 10
warnAndKickVpnUsers: true
muteVpnUsers: false
renameVpnUsers: false
warnAndTempbanLamers: false

Last edited: