Guys, I think I found real classic balcony dotf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preston

Nerd
Also the problem with this I assume is that everyone who joins the server would need to do this as well, which makes it somewhat useless as most players don't use the forums

I don't know why it was done but I like playing classic dotf without balcony more than modern dotf. I assume balcony version would be played more often than the other if you didn't do this joke. As I hate balcony dotf I like what you did. Also since I don't care about that version I find this joke hilarious. :D

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Glad that it's back in 1.6, but why make it unavailable to the majority of players? You guys are well aware that the majority of the playerbase do not use the forums or the Discord, and won't ever see a post like this.

You're missing part of the equation. Pay attention to the PK3's being used to do this. The main map is in the permanent MB2_DOTF.pk3, the troll map is in the MBAssets4.pk3. MBAssets4.pk3 is our "TEMPORARY EVENT" pk3 file. So it gets modified every time we add/remove event maps for halloween, christmas, etc. Just like normal, with the next patch, we would be resetting this PK3 back to its normal placeholder state, and normal balcony would be unlocked for all. Or you can just do it ahead of time and just /delete mbassets4 as well. That should only result in a single set of textures going missing on Lunarbase.

Balcony DOTF was finished ahead of schedule, and was not initially going to go in with the 1.6 patch, but the hotfixes or 1.6.1 after it. It was done early, and people on the team decided to poke fun back at everyone. And I do mean that, it was a TEAM decision, not some individual person, and definitely wasn't my idea and nor did I execute it (As I was in Thailand as I said before).

Do you have friends IRL?

Do you? I shared all of this with mine. I shared direct screenshots and full explanations of everything. They thought the community was being children. They all thought it was funny what the team was doing. Here, let me directly quote one of the girls: "Lololol the sensitivity is unreal. Ppl are too extra 😂" that they sent after sharing an update. About 8 of us in the group were laughing at everyone's responses to things as we were sitting in the airport.

That awkward moment when the devs call anyone who wants balc dotf a troll while they lie to and troll the whole community haha funny ecksdee

Conflating two things. Not everyone who wanted balcony dotf was a troll. How some people acted to try and get it back, was.

Of course it was done out of spite

Oh no we hid something in the event pk3 for only Christmas without noting it in the patch notes with plans to remove it with the first hotfix because it got done early. Ohh the spite is real daddy. Scold me.

Get the stick out of your bum and take a joke. You might not have even found it in the amount of time between if someone in the beta team didn't spill the damn beans. We even hinted at this solution for weeks, with people like Hessu being all "nooo too lazy".

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
You're missing part of the equation. Pay attention to the PK3's being used to do this. The main map is in the permanent MB2_DOTF.pk3, the troll map is in the MBAssets4.pk3. MBAssets4.pk3 is our "TEMPORARY EVENT" pk3 file. So it gets modified every time we add/remove event maps for halloween, christmas, etc. Just like normal, with the next patch, we would be resetting this PK3 back to its normal placeholder state, and normal balcony would be unlocked for all. Or you can just do it ahead of time and just /delete mbassets4 as well. That should only result in a single set of textures going missing on Lunarbase.

Balcony DOTF was finished ahead of schedule, and was not initially going to go in with the 1.6 patch, but the hotfixes or 1.6.1 after it. It was done early, and people on the team decided to poke fun back at everyone. And I do mean that, it was a TEAM decision, not some individual person, and definitely wasn't my idea and nor did I execute it (As I was in Thailand as I said before).

Do you? I shared all of this with mine. I shared direct screenshots and full explanations of everything. They thought the community was being children. They all thought it was funny what the team was doing. Here, let me directly quote one of the girls: "Lololol the sensitivity is unreal. Ppl are too extra 😂" that they sent after sharing an update. About 8 of us in the group were laughing at everyone's responses to things as we were sitting in the airport.

Conflating two things. Not everyone who wanted balcony dotf was a troll. How some people acted to try and get it back, was.

Oh no we hid something in the event pk3 for only Christmas without noting it in the patch notes with plans to remove it with the first hotfix because it got done early. Ohh the spite is real daddy. Scold me.

Get the stick out of your bum and take a joke. You might not have even found it in the amount of time between if someone in the beta team didn't spill the damn beans.
I was called a troll by saying it was childish to hide the bsp file in the game files. Projecting much? Then you say take a joke? Trolling much? Also as I said before, you aswell as spag both lied about it when I said weeks ago that it was simply a bsp file change that would fix it, (that I had found weeks ago) telling me that oh no that won't work, when it obviously does. If anyone is trolling it's you and most of the dev team. Also, it is difficult to believe the dev team and especially you about the release of balc dotf coming soon. When you stated it would only be months, several years ago.

Also did you tell your friends that you were so sensitive that the community wanted classic dotf back that you gave the community the old one no one asked for with bouncy floors in spite? Just windering.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
so devs ruined it for everyone
nice

Thanks for proving my point.

Also as I said before, you aswell as spag both lied about it when I said weeks ago that it was simply a bsp file change that would fix it,

Because that isn't the solution. The actual solution is to /delete MBAssets4. Its easier for everyone to do. That is why we gave that answer. Its also easier to /delete the BSP. When you say "Change" a file, my brain went to modifying a few entities, or renaming it. And while that might have worked, it wasn't the right answer.

Also, it is difficult to believe the dev team and especially you about the release of balc dotf coming soon. When you stated it would only be months, several years ago.

It was supposed to only be a few months. That WAS the plan. I did not lie when I said that. I didn't want things to take that long. But sometimes the world doesn't work how we all want it.

Also did you tell your friends that you were so sensitive that the community wanted classic dotf back that you gave the community the old one no one asked for with bouncy floors in spite? Just windering.

The plan was to include all versions of DOTF, so people can chose which one they like best. I started with the oldest first. I had no idea the floors were even like that because I fixed it with the old files, then just released it. I didn't know a shader contained that line for the floor. I wanted to remind people of the progression of DOTF over the years, before some of them even started playing the game, and slowly progress through them over a couple months then have a feedback posts to see what people liked/disliked about the individual versions to see if there were anything we could do to the main DOTF, and Classic to make it even better than it was.

Preston

Nerd

Because that isn't the solution. The actual solution is to /delete MBAssets4. Its easier for everyone to do. That is why we gave that answer. Its also easier to /delete the BSP. When you say "Change" a file, my brain went to modifying a few entities, or renaming it. And while that might have worked, it wasn't the right answer.

It was supposed to only be a few months. That WAS the plan. I did not lie when I said that. I didn't want things to take that long. But sometimes the world doesn't work how we all want it.
Glad your point was the dev's ruined it for everyone LOL. And yes the plan was a few months, and then you finally release it except without balcony and with added bouncy floors because you were too sensitive that people wanted the old map back.

And I wasn't calling you a liar for saying it was a few months. I called you a liar for saying my solution wouldn't work. It did work, you said it wouldnt. So now you try to defend yourself by saying "well yeah your way would of worked but my way worked too and so you didn't say any answer even tho your answer was correct so I said it wouldnt work hehehe" ridiculous. Own it.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I called you a liar for saying my solution wouldn't work.

Don't be an asshole just because I interpreted your question differently from what you intended and don't put words in my mouth just so that you can call me a liar.

When you say CHANGE a bsp, to me that says decompile, entity modification, etc.

Preston

Nerd
Don't be an asshole just because I interpreted your question differently from what you intended and don't put words in my mouth just so that you can call me a liar.
I don't need to put words in your mouth to call you a liar. I can easily go and quote you in discord but im too lazy to do that. You did lie. You specifically said my solution would not work. My solution being to change the bsp file. That is a lie. There is no way around it. Thankfully you can share the lie with FSM who said the same thing as you. Half the burden?

And to say you interpreted my question wrong is VERY concerning.

thanks for proving my point.
i literally never posted anything about old dotf but here you are saying shit and then youre gonna play the victim that people dont like you. you cry how some players are assholes for insulting you so you're gonna try to get back on them by annoying everyone like its kindergarten (haha guys but players are literally kids, got you!!!!!!!!!!! and im totally a very mature person here!!!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I don't need to put words in your mouth to call you a liar. I can easily go and quote you in discord but im too lazy to do that. You did lie. You specifically said my solution would not work. My solution being to change the bsp file. That is a lie. There is no way around it. Thankfully you can share the lie with FSM who said the same thing as you. Half the burden?

Change = Decompile + entity modification in my mind and probably spaghetti's too. You are putting words in my mouth. You should have said rename if that is what you meant. We did not lie.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Actually I specifically did say in discord to rename the bsp file. Awkward.

If you did, I feel like there is context missing. Because I don't remember the conversation going that way because you entirely missed the solution here from Puppy. You weren't aware of the MBassets4 bsp file. Which means, renaming the BSP you found in mb2_DOTF would be a harder solution for people as it would appear as a different map name in the server list, and people couldn't join the map at all without file changes. Were as the solution within mbassets4, which you didn't find the BSP of at the time, would have been possible to rename like here. That is why your solution was wrong.

Preston

Nerd
If you did, I feel like there is context missing. Because I don't remember the conversation going that way because you entirely missed the solution here from Puppy. You weren't aware of the MBassets4 bsp file. Which means, renaming the BSP you found in mb2_DOTF would be a harder solution for people as it would appear as a different map name in the server list, and people couldn't join the map at all without file changes. Were as the solution within mbassets4, which you didn't find the BSP of at the time, would have been possible to rename like here. That is why your solution was wrong.
My solution worked and was exactly like puppy's except I did not get it for the mbassets folder I got it from a outside source. This was still the exact same bsp file that I got. My solution to FIX the map was 100% correct. Was it the easiest? Probably not. Was it correct in making the map function correctly? Yes. Absolutely.

You trying to call my solution wrong because of the smallest of technicalities is ridiculous, and I believe that you yourself know its ridiculous. Also I love how your great solution to the problem that we as the community were supposed to find was to literally delete game files LMAO. Anyone with half a brain and isn't clouded by bias (you and fsm and other devs) sees this for what it obviously is.

Also good job on lowering the already destroyed good will, you and the dev team had with the community. This goes out to the devs who decided this was a good idea, not to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.