Moviebattles II V1.5.2 Released

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.5.2 Update
CHANGELOG
General

• Change: Updated mbmode and smod map commands to preserve nextmap, allowing for rotations with mode changes.
  • Fix: 'teamnodmg' flag on NPCs now properly considers player damage sources. This fixes Zam Wesell on Coruscant Chase, Younglings on Jedi Temple, Separatists on Mustafar, R2 on BOC. This also means that NPCs immune to damage will also no longer be able to be knocked back.
Maps
  • New / Change: X-Mas Duel of the Fates. (mb2_xmas_dotf)
    • Updated Duel of the Fates to match main line updates.
    • Removed Tauntaun.
  • Change: Duel of the Fates (mb2_dotf)
    • Adjusted Generator elevators so they are now fully solid underneath instead of a platform to prevent getting easily squished.
    • Adjusted Generator room platforms and pillars to be slightly larger.
    • Generator forcefields now only become vulnerable after stage one of the secondary hack. The defending team can also hack the secondary objective panels but it will only make the generator forcefields vulnerable.
    • Updated secondary spawn barriers to allow projectiles through from both sides but only allow player pass through by the respawning team.
    • Adjusted clipping around N1 Starfighters and the Royal Starship to reduce the amount of flinging possible.
    • Increased secondary objective hack time from 6 seconds to 7 seconds per stage.
    • Added some PBR textures and shaders for use with GL2.
  • Change: Duel of the Fates (mb2_duel_dotf)
    • Adjusted Generator elevators so they are now fully solid underneath instead of a platform to prevent getting easily squished.
    • Adjusted Generator room platforms and pillars to be slightly larger.
  • New: Added Duel of the Fates Classic based upon B19.
  • Change: Jabba (mb2_jabba)
    • Jabba is now immune to friendly fire.
  • Change: Scarif (mb2_scarif)
    • FA: Chirrut, Shoretrooper models updated to new models.
    • FA: Shoretrooper given new proper E-22 weapon model.
  • Change / Fix: Enclave (mb2_enclave)
    • Fixed missing starship collision.
  • Change / Fix: Tantive IV (mb2_tantiveiv)
    • R2-D2 is now immune to friendly fire.
    • Fixed numerous geometry miss-alignments.
    • Fixed collision on some doorways.
    • Fixed over 2,600 texture miss alignments.
    • Fixed glowing border on a panel texture.
    • Fixed several instances of visible caulk.
    • Added caulking to many hidden surfaces.
    • Fixed several door outline textures not being consistent across the level.
    • Lowered elevator & door blocking damage to 3 per tick from 999999.
    • Increased amount of imperial spawns to prevent droideka related crashes.
  • Fix: Starkiller Base (mb2_starkiller_base)
    • FA: Fixed Kylo Ren skin.
  • Removed: Undeadstar (mb2_undeadstar)
Models
  • Characters
    • New: Chirrut
    • New: Shoretrooper
    • New: Snoke
    • New: Tanktrooper
    • Change: Cassian Andor - Added additional sounds.
    • Change: Jyn Erso - Added additional sounds.
    • Fix: Baze, Nien Nunb, DeathTrooper, Tarkin - Fixed christmas hat positions.
  • Weapons
    • New: E-22 - New weapon model replacement for Death Troopers.
    • Change: A-280 - The A-280 model has been updated with higher quality first person view, and LOD meshes.
Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
FAMBModels.pk3
jampgamei386.so
mb2_dotf.pk3
mb2_enclave.pk3
mb2_jabba.pk3
mb2_tantiveiv.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBAssets4.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3
Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Will you add the 1.3 version of the Classic DOTF, because the b19 secondary doors obj doesn't seem to work, also the generator room looks unfinished. Just kinda wondering why you would release this version instead of the very much compatible and finished version, 1.3 Classic DOTF. Don't get me wrong I'm very thankful you guys added back the b19 version.

THANK YOU!!!!

Edit: @MaceMadunusus Why is it on the b19 version? We wanted the 1.3 version.

Will you add the 1.3 version of the Classic DOTF, because the b19 secondary doors obj doesn't seem to work, also the generator room looks unfinished. Just kinda wondering why you would release this version instead of the very much compatible and finished version, 1.3 Classic DOTF. Don't get me wrong I'm very thankful you guys added back the b19 version.

Because they know it would be played more than DOTF v2 and all of Mace's work would be for naught

Fang

Donator
thats just how b19 dotf was,

secondary doors dont open for anybody until they're hacked (i assume you dont have the old classic dotf still in causing issues)

I also doubt about 1.3 version because <inserts reason i dont want to have 20 posts of discussion on>

Fang

Donator
i played it all yesterday, they all work

The two consoles to the left/right inside the door at the back of gen work. You tap the key and its done. The one in the far back hacks no problem. Must be you. Non of my AOD's have this issue either.

The main concern I have about this update is the class you put the 3 new Imperial gunner skins to. Soldier class is considered to be the easiest one to play, but it's far from truth. Its HP makes peaking an instant death 75% of the time, it needs to literally purchase the most useful ability for it to get kills (Melee), since strafing with the Soldier is like making a surf server in Battlefield games (Close Combat Training can't be afforded if you purchase Reinforcements level 3, 2 Concussion Grenades and 1 Fragmentation Grenade). Which makes the Commander class far superior to Soldier in every single aspect. It hurts me that 3 such good models are wasted on a class that can have difficulty to kill a hero even with 3 lives (Pistol level 3 one-tap). I have noticed that all different environment Stormtrooper variants (Except the Swamptrooper) are used for a Commander. Sandtrooper is just a dirty Stormtrooper with backpack and it's a Commander model. Snowtrooper is also a Commander model. Even the famous "PAO-PAO-PAO-PAO-PAO-PAO-PAO-PAO-PAO!!! OVER THERE!!!" earrape source (Scout Trooper) found its way in Commander models. All of these models look simply terrible or will not be used out of the maps they fit the most in. And the additional 2 different environment Stormtrooper variants + Vehicle Stormtrooper driver come. They look amazing unlike the 3 models mentioned before, yet they are put in the weakest and most suicidal class in the game. Even the Shoretrooper leader somehow is put as a Soldier model. Of course that doesn't mean I want all the mentioned skins to be put in Soldier. Quite the opposite. It'd be much better if the new models were put in Commander options.

The E-22 looks great as well. It looks more like a reskin of the A280/DLT-20A though. And that's where another problem comes in. Why is the A280/DLT-20A only restricted to Elite Trooper and Bounty Hunter classes? The ET models keep players away from playing it and the BH won't be using the DLT-20A any time soon, since a level 3 Pistol is an option. The Commander class would make a far greater use of the A280/DLT-20A because its models are actually pretty decent unlike the ET. E-22 fits way better for A-280/DLT-20A reskin anyway. ET would also get access to T-21 to make it fair.

I surely hope you consider my suggestions.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Even the Shoretrooper leader somehow is put as a Soldier model.

This was done to prevent class confusion. For the same reason both variants (normal, and elite/commander) variants of deathtroopers are on commander. Sometimes we want to fill out class rosters as well. Maybe when we have more soldier/commander models in general we can afford to be a bit more picky and rearrange some.

The E-22 looks great as well. It looks more like a reskin of the A280/DLT-20A though.

It is an upgraded e-11 though. Only real reason it looks like an a280/DLT is the long stock.

Soldier is great for getting kills, you just shouldn't purchase 3 grenades. Just get ammo 1 instead of 2, and buy the melee ability.

I still think that the A280/DLT-20A won't be ever used on the classes it's available for. Just look at the Commander models. Everyone can pick something for themselves there. Fan of KotOR? Pick a Sith Elite Trooper. Empire? There's a bunch of Imperial models, both Trooper and Officer ones. You can even pick a BX-Series Droid Commando!
What about the ET? Rebel scum and that's it. Very underwhelming models that just look terrible. Nobody will be using the A280 when the excitement about the weapon remodel fades away, I guarantee you that.
And the BH? You can just pick that ridiculous one-tapper that level 3 Pistol is and forget about the DLT-20A. I really think that ET and Commander sharing their weapons would make the A280/DLT-20A much more common. Some people (Including me) just have difficulties with both E-11 and T-21 using the alt fire as primary fire.

The ET models keep players away from playing it
Nah, ET just sucks gameplay wise. A-280 does ridiculous damage but doesn't have the consistant fire rate of T21 secondary, so it's way more difficult to flinch Sith. Alt fire mode also drains your whole clip in 3 shots IIRC, so you're also handicapping yourself by being forced to pick ammo 2/3 sacrificing your offensive possibilities

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I don't think you really observe people that much at all. Plenty of people play soldier, plenty of people play ET/comm. etc. Myself for one. Sometimes I go a280 because its fun and sometimes I have random events where I kill a jedi/sith just because I changed to burst fire and they weren't paying attention and pushed me mid salvo (This happened on the release day of this patch).

Because I personally play with it every once in a while and I was tired of looking at our 15 year old, really inaccurate, really low quality model, I made a new A280. It was one of the ones that irritated me the most and I plan on doing some others at some point as well. Its also more efficient for low end systems anyway with lower poly LODs so higher framerate possible with it present.

But even then, if we placed or made models entirely off of popularity.... well then there would be even more jedi/sith models than the billions we have. We're making an effort now to fill out the other classes.

Agreed, people definitely play soldiers. I play soldier whenever I want to turn off my brain, which is 90% of times.

• New: Added Duel of the Fates Classic based upon B19.

The best addition.

Because they know it would be played more than DOTF v2 and all of Mace's work would be for naught

B19 version > 1.3 version (was it actually introduced then, seemed sooner.)

The whole revamping the T-junct and side/secondary corridors in the first place was a bad idea.

Last edited: