•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Cant change game engine, it's locked

Alb

I want the steam overlay, I see the thread "Windows technical faq/troubleshooting guide" I try but doesn't work and I can't change the game engine
Cattura.PNG
frdxfd.PNG
fsf.PNG

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
And i try to play with Jamp but when i press play, the game open Star wars Jedi accademy multiplayer instead movie battles
Those are two different issues =/

If you want to switch engine to MBII Client, go here: Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide and scroll to "Issue: Cannot switch engine from "JAMP" to "MBII Client". Combobox is grayed."

If you want to play using JAMP, right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.
Delete files "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" from these folders:
  1. Jedi Academy\GameData
  2. Jedi Academy\GameData\base
  3. Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII
Start MBII Launcher, click Play.
What happens now? Did file uix86.dll have appear in "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
i tried to delete this only in Jedi academy\gamedata and this work, i don't know why
Indeed it worked, because "Jedi Academy\GameData" folder absolutely, positively MUST NOT have any of "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" files, unless you know exactly what are you doing.

For some reason, there were dlls from base JA in "Jedi Academy\GameData".
JAMP is designed pretty silly: it always loads libraries from GameData, if any, not matter what mod is supposed to be launched.
That's why you had base JA starting up.
If there were dlls from Lugormod in GameData, you would have Lugormod loaded.

More info: Hosting Server - Start three servers on one host machine