Jedi vs gunner 1v1

How do I win Jedi vs Gunner 1v1s when I’m playing as the Jedi? I don’t have a hard time killing saberists when playing as a gunner; I know the method: just shoot them during the windup, thus interrupting their attack even if they swingblock. Supposedly, what I’m supposed to do is jump over them to make them panic and run, then push/pull them to score a knockdown. Thing is, what do I do when they don’t panic, and therefore don’t run (keeping your cool isn’t that hard, from my experience)?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
turn around and show your back to him because no one should be teaching you bad metas that ruin the fun

ezness of a TECHNIQUE on a scale 1 to 10 where 1 is "extremely gay and easy" and 10 is "less gay and hard"
0. Move unpredicatbly when you approach your opponent to minimize their chance of landing a successful shot on you. Don't move in zigzags all the time, change your trajectory randomly. (most important thing when you fight a gunner), don't jump around. It's very easy to shoot a jedi midair
1. lightning 1-2 + slash, easy win 1
2. circle around in one direction, then suddenly change it and slash immediately. Easy win, also you can incorporate pull 3 here 2
2.5 Facehug your opponent and push. Often people break down and start running. Don't use this twice in a row on the same opponent. 2
3. grip 1+ push/pull - pretend that you are choking your opponent, in a 99% chanse they will run, then push/pull and slash easy win 1
4. do a small jump (use + jump) before slashing, for some reason jedis and siths don't feel an excruciating pain that makes them flinch while they are airborn. (also they don't flinch if hit from outside a certain radius, which is strange and counterintuitive, so a counter-counterintuitive technique to bypass a counterintuitive mechanic) 7
5. sense 3 (optional) + hiding behind the corner/ on a ceiling/ on a wall - best technique by far 1
6. jedi only technique - SPEEDU 1 JUTSU, costs only 2 points lets you make a short rush towards enemy at the same cost of force points as speed 3. 3
7. SPEEDU THREE LUNGE JUTSU, if done correctly works only 1 time on the same opponent who knows what he does. Works especially well on droidekas. 7
8. MINDU TRIKKU JUTSU - nuff said 0 (Do at your own risk - if you kill someone using mind trick there's a 90% chance of them taking SBD or sith for the next 10 rounds and kicking your ass)
9. Secret technique - ROLLING PUNCHES JUTSU - punch your enemies to death 10
9.5. Try a flying kick while blocking, works on noobs and sometimes on good players (usually just once) 2
10. Hold block and circle around your enemy until they waste their entire clip on you, then slash. easy win. Nowadays drains are so laughably low you can block literally forever. Doesn't work on people who reload often; beware of MELEE ATTAKKU JUTSU. Good jedis and siths don't use this JUTSU because it takes a lot of time and it's gay. 2
10.5 Deflect 3 JUTSU. requires good aim, doesn't work well on tanky classes, you can deflect shots of one opponent to the other - very effective means to cause discord in enemy team >: - ) 6

11. be inventive, don't overuse the same SECRET TECHNIQUE as people tend to remember stuff and won't let you do same tricks over and over again 8
12. Best advice vs skilled gunners - if you failed to take your opponent by surprise your best move is to fallback and try again. yes, it is gay. Everything you do is gay when play as a jedi. 9
13. Jedis are a support class, try playing as a support - push nades, push opponents to the mercy of your gunner teammates, cover fallen comrades. This is by far most fun and effective way to play and lead your team to victory. NOONE LIKES SOLO JEDIS 10

Last edited:
I agree with number 12, but it does happen often that I’m forced against that one last gunner guarding the objective and my whole team is inexplicably dead (I guess maybe I’m not such a good support after all, given that).

Anyway, thanks for #4 especially; that seems like just what I need.

P.s. does flying kick have any “windup” time, or does the attack begin immediately when you input it? If it has no windup, it should be possible to guarantee hitting your opponent with it when facehugging them.

ezness of a TECHNIQUE on a scale 1 to 10 where 1 is "extremely gay and easy" and 10 is "less gay and hard"
0. Move unpredicatbly when you approach your opponent to minimize their chance of landing a successful shot on you. Don't move in zigzags all the time, change your trajectory randomly. (most important thing when you fight a gunner), don't jump around. It's very easy to shoot a jedi midair
2. circle around in one direction, then suddenly change it and slash immediately. Easy win, also you can incorporate pull 3 here 2
2.5 Facehug your opponent and push. Often people break down and start running. Don't use this twice in a row on the same opponent. 2
3. grip 1+ push/pull - pretend that you are choking your opponent, in a 99% chanse they will run, then push/pull and slash easy win 1
4. do a small jump (use + jump) before slashing, for some reason jedis and siths don't feel an excruciating pain that makes them flinch while they are airborn. (also they don't flinch if hit from outside a certain radius, which is strange and counterintuitive, so a counter-counterintuitive technique to bypass a counterintuitive mechanic) 7
5. sense 3 (optional) + hiding behind the corner/ on a ceiling/ on a wall - best technique by far 1
6. jedi only technique - SPEEDU 1 JUTSU, costs only 2 points lets you make a short rush towards enemy at the same cost of force points as speed 3. 3
7. SPEEDU THREE LUNGE JUTSU, if done correctly works only 1 time on the same opponent who knows what he does. Works especially well on droidekas. 7
8. MINDU TRIKKU JUTSU - nuff said 0 (Do at your own risk - if you kill someone using mind trick there's a 90% chance of them taking SBD or sith for the next 10 rounds and kicking your ass)
9.5. Try a flying kick while blocking, works on noobs and sometimes on good players (usually just once) 2
10. Hold block and circle around your enemy until they waste their entire clip on you, then slash. easy win. Nowadays drains are so laughably low you can block literally forever. Doesn't work on people who reload often; beware of MELEE ATTAKKU JUTSU. Good jedis and siths don't use this JUTSU because it takes a lot of time and it's gay. 2
10.5 Deflect 3 JUTSU. requires good aim, doesn't work well on tanky classes, you can deflect shots of one opponent to the other - very effective means to cause discord in enemy team >: - ) 6

11. be inventive, don't overuse the same SECRET TECHNIQUE as people tend to remember stuff and won't let you do same tricks over and over again 8
12. Best advice vs skilled gunners - if you failed to take your opponent by surprise your best move is to fallback and try again. yes, it is gay. Everything you do is gay when play as a jedi. 9
13. Jedis are a support class, try playing as a support - push nades, push opponents to the mercy of your gunner teammates, cover fallen comrades. This is by far most fun and effective way to play and lead your team to victory. NOONE LIKES SOLO JEDIS 10
About #4. What does swingblocking doin that scenario? Will it prevent you from getting both flinch and damage, or does it prevent damage, but allows swing to be interrupted? Or does it have no positive effect?

@BDANN THE MANN just use lightning or speed cheese, or strike from the corner jutsu and you'll be pretty much fine
Swingblock will be interrupted in that case if you have defense 3

About #4 again; how well do DFA’s work in that regard? Are they better or worse in regular situations? Does the “no flinch” mechanic still apply to DFA’s?

on lower defense levels your swing will be interrupted and you will get damage. If you have defense 3 your swingblock will be interrupted without taking damage
dfa is a suicide against a gunner

on lower defense levels your swing will be interrupted and you will get damage. If you have defense 3 your swingblock will be interrupted without taking damage
dfa is a suicide against a gunner
What happens if I DO try DFA? What makes it suicide?

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
It's hard to land a hit with it and your trajectory becomes predictable before and during DFA. It's a good way to waste some spare FP though.

Oh yea one more question. What if I press “+attack” before touching ground, but my attack only hits my opponent after I land? If my opponent shoots me after I land, will that be a finch/interrupt, or will my swing still hit him because I pressed “+attack” while airborne? What about all the above when I land before even finishing windup?

Can blue lunge be interrupted by gunfire? What about duals stab and purple kata? Does swingblocking change whether you do/don’t get interrupt/damaged if hit while using these attacks?

Short answer: You will never win 1v1 vs a gunner without years of training, or alternatively, the cheesiest of strategies

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Oh yea one more question. What if I press “+attack” before touching ground, but my attack only hits my opponent after I land? If my opponent shoots me after I land, will that be a finch/interrupt, or will my swing still hit him because I pressed “+attack” while airborne? What about all the above when I land before even finishing windup?

Being shot standing or midair makes no difference to flinch. It's all about your proximity to the shooter. So if you're in that point blank flinch range you should get flinched if you take a damaging hit.

Can blue lunge be interrupted by gunfire? What about duals stab and purple kata? Does swingblocking change whether you do/don’t get interrupt/damaged if hit while using these attacks?

I don't think special attacks get stopped, but they do leave you open and immobile, aka an easy target.

Just play as a gunner and you'll know when you're most vulnerable, and vice versa. Notice those same openings in your opponent and strike. Such as when Jedi push, or when a gunner is reloading, etc. Only thing is 1 mistake as a gunner = death, whereas 1 mistake as Jedi = a bit of HP gone.

Being shot standing or midair makes no difference to flinch. It's all about your proximity to the shooter. So if you're in that point blank flinch range you should get flinched if you take a damaging hit.

I don't think special attacks get stopped, but they do leave you open and immobile, aka an easy target.

Just play as a gunner and you'll know when you're most vulnerable, and vice versa. Notice those same openings in your opponent and strike. Such as when Jedi push, or when a gunner is reloading, etc. Only thing is 1 mistake as a gunner = death, whereas 1 mistake as Jedi = a bit of HP gone.
I’ve dabbled with gunner a bit already, so fear not. While I’m not the best, I can often hold my own against saberist, assuming I’m not “raging”.