Your Opinion on Gunner Weaponry in MB2

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Hey guys,

Just like I asked for feedback on Reinforcements, this time I would like feedback on gunner weaponry (Excluding Deka/SBD for now). We will be having a meeting for EC on these weapons on the 13th of May. I feel like I am missing a few questions I could ask still, so I will be allowing editing of responses this time around. I also think mechanics like Flinch/Stagger/Knockdown are their own discussion and have not directly included them in this form. I have included some written sections at the end in case there are things you would like to address that are not mentioned in the rest of the form.

If you have the time I would really appreciate it if you filled out this form.
Movie Battles II Gunner Weaponry <--- Google Forms Link!

This form is intended to be anonymous so feel free to voice your full opinions. If you wish to discuss anything in this thread feel free to do so but keep it civil.

Thank you to all who fill this out. Any information gained by this form will also be available to the current MB team if they would like to make any adjustments to reinforcements based off of this information.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Do server latency related fire delay variances affect your ability to lead or aim at targets? (Are you able to adjust to the delay adequately?)
This asks two different questions, had to put indifferent. Yes it affects me, no I cannot adjust (In extreme ping cases, 300+).

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Do server latency related fire delay variances affect your ability to lead or aim at targets? (Are you able to adjust to the delay adequately?)
This asks two different questions, had to put indifferent. Yes it affects me, no I cannot adjust (In extreme ping cases, 300+).

Answer it as if it is the first part, where the second part is used for clarity. Example: If you are affected by server delays, you wouldn't be able to adequately adjust. If you aren't affected, you can adjust.

Edit: Nvm just separated the questions.

Bounce shots are underrated, keep them in EC

Whoever put this, no worries. I think theyre fun and unique as well.

Grenades! They are weapons too right?

Correct, but we already had a grenade-specific meeting. Just recently started doing the forms prior. The meeting was recorded though and I probably should edit it and upload to youtube for those interested. We have also had discussion on several FA weapons as well.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Buff / realign the way dual pistols fire for Mandalorian / ARC
curious what you mean by this. Here's my current view on dualies:
1. They fire from above your shoulders, with a substantial, head-sized deadzone between them.

2. The crosshair is inaccurate (even to the right-hand gun) because it seems to believe the firing point is much lower than "above your shoulders." I think the crosshair may be mapped to the default single-pistol firing point, which is similar to the E-11 firing point (down and to the right). This actually means the crosshair is accurate to level 1/2 Westars, but inaccurate to level 3 (and inaccurate to level 3's "single-gun" alt mode too, for what it's worth.)

3. IMO the firing mechanic should be changed to be Fistful of Frags style. RMB: right gun, LMB: left gun. Alt firing mode: charge shots instead of auto.

4. Best possible implementation (hopefully for Eridan Crisis, but probably not possible for MB2) would be for there to be two separate dynamic crosshairs, one for each gun. (Just for reference, Fistful of Frags is a shoot-from-the-face hitscan game, so Fistful of Frags-style projectile weapons with dual dynamic crosshairs IS a totally new concept, I guess.)

(some googling suggests that "two crosshairs" and "dynamic crosshairs" are both possible in Unreal Engine.)

Last edited:

Fang

Donator
I feel a280 could use something,

Personally,
I think mando could do with some tweaks. Gun wise some say its too strong I don't think so considering how sniper mode is super tankable - I've seen soldiers tank them pushed down lolol. I think their utilities just aren't useful. Added onto that, the ammo consumption is too high as well. 50 a pop on the sniper for the dmg it fails to provide. I never use flame due to speed being so cheap and the dmg taking forever. (also 10 points and in conjunction with your mail fuel)

Also, in regards to above,

The pistols begin to centralize after a certain distance. close range is difficult - at least to what I can see when I play. In regards to 3. , I just simply don't like that

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
4. Best possible implementation (hopefully for Eridan Crisis, but probably not possible for MB2) would be for there to be two separate dynamic crosshairs, one for each gun. (Just for reference, Fistful of Frags is a shoot-from-the-face hitscan game, so Fistful of Frags-style projectile weapons with dual dynamic crosshairs IS a totally new concept, I guess.)

(some googling suggests that "two crosshairs" and "dynamic crosshairs" are both possible in Unreal Engine.)

Yeah that isn't a problem at all. We already have a dynamic crosshair. Don't currently have support for akimbo weapons yet but when I do I will make them have an independent crosshair.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I've seen soldiers tank them pushed down lolol
leg shot. imo factoring in the jetpack mobility, the faster quickscoping relative to proj AND the fact that you can take two shots relatively quickly, EE-3 sniper is plenty stronk.
The pistols begin to centralize after a certain distance
no they don't, they remain the same distance from each other, parallel lines. They just look closer together because they're further away from you :p

I think it'd be pretty cool if the westars alt-fire allowed you to switch between flamethrower and wrist-laser, rather than the current alt-fire or the Fistful of Frags style lessen is referring to. Switching between flamethrower and wrist-laser seems way too much of a hassle rn, and I notice that sometimes even if I hear the changing noise, it doesn't actually switch and I end up getting rekted by a jedi.

fixing ur dual pistol non convergence issue shud be top priority

it's not like u have 2 rotate 2.91 degrees south and to the right to make ur rocket work gud no it shoot straight like gun shud

u no see this issue with bullet gun snipering rifle but dual pistol r shitty about it and im rly tired of missing stationary targets from across the map cuz gun suk