Wrist Laser and Rage

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Searched and didn't see these but they don't seem right so...

With Mando Wrist Laser if you shoot all 5 shots in becomes broken and does not recharge any more. Wait for next round to use it again. Kind of defeats the purpose of a recharging laser.

And with Wookiee Rage if you enter Rage mode you gain more Rage while in the mode and causing damage but if you have exceeded the regular amount of time Rage is active you can shut it off with the Special 1 button with no slowdown debuff. Pretty sure the debuff should be there. Personally I don't think Rage should get accrued while it is active but that's just me.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
We've already looked at wrist laser. We came to the conclusion that a cool down, instead of having the wrist blaster implode after a number of shots, would make it too strong, and make it boring. If we compensated by lowering the damage and force drain, it wouldn't be worth using at all, in comparison to flamethrower which offers a pretty effective slow against Jedi.

As for rage, you can already turn off fury after you've killed someone.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
But is the slow down debuff still supposed to happen then? Because sometimes it doesn't.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
But is the slow down debuff still supposed to happen then? Because sometimes it doesn't.
Probably. You should probably also leak points if you aren't hitting anything while out of fury.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Checked, the debuff always plays, whether you deactivate it or run out of fury. Problem is, besides the slow there is nothing noticeable to indicate it happening.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Did you try doing it where your Rage is close to empty, you fill it all the way during, get it like half way and deactivate it? That's the kind of scenario I feel like I didn't see a slow down it. But I guess I could have been imagining it.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I tried it at as full as I could get, 75%, 50% and 25%, as well as just letting it deplete. I doubt that a certain percentage of wookiee fury when deactivated would change anything, though. There isn't a tier setup.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Yeah I know, it's just I swear I have turned it off before with no debuff. I'll try to see if I can do it again when I get home. Usually it would be after a big rampage that lasted quite a while.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
It's kind of hard to notice unless you're running at someone who is usually slower than you while in fury, but there is no way it shouldn't play the debuff. If you do see it again, try and catch a demo of it and send it over and we'll take a look at it.

I never noticed myself. Usually I either run out or disable it only after killing my targets. Could have sworn if you turn it off manually you sidestep debuff.

I'll check it out when I have a chance. Was I wrong all this time? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.:(

Supa

The Serial Stacker
In the 10-15 attempts I made to deactivate it before I ran out of fury I got the debuff.

I experienced what oji said sometimes and I stress the word "sometimes."
Sometimes I got the movement speed debuff, sometimes I didn't.
Though I lean towards it happening maybe once or twice out of 20 rounds.

What bugs me the most is how selective it is when it decides to happen. Kinda similar to the kyle bug.
It happens randomly and nobody notices until it hits them.

Is there a way for demos to save and names themselves after the map ends?
Because due to other reasons, apparently I need to keep demo record on everytime I play.
And it would be easier on me if the demos saved and named themselves instead of constant overwrites.

Like how the source demo recorder works.

Last edited:

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Have auto-demo run, and before the end of the round hit your save demo button (all in controls > media).

Supa

The Serial Stacker
No, auto-demo restarts after the end of each round, and the key to save demo saves the previously recorded demo. If you want to just have a demo run forever, you'll need to find the part in the demo that you want to send in and record it FRAPS or OBS or something.

No, auto-demo restarts after the end of each round, and the key to save demo saves the previously recorded demo. If you want to just have a demo run forever, you'll need to find the part in the demo that you want to send in and record it FRAPS or OBS or something.
No problem. I just want to know if I could have it continue to record, I don't mind turn it off and on every map change.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
What auto-demo does is save a temporary file of the previous round that is overwritten the end of every other round. If you have it running, at the end of the first round it will save a temporary file that will be overwritten at the end of the second round, and so on and so forth.

Okay now you are confusing me, can I have 40 to an hour long demo. Or do I need to save a crap load of tiny demos.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
You can save a 40 minute to hour long demo by starting the demo manually and letting it run, if you think you might forget to save the previous round's auto-demo. But the chances of me wanting to watch a 40 minute demo to find a single bug probably won't happen. :p