Worrysome Wristblaster

Hey, hello there. I know we've had a thread by Smee in 2017 about it, but nothing much of actual discussion.
So, I don't know how it'll be in the new patch.
But as it stands now, I feel like the wristblaster is absolutely beyond ass.

And here's why:
1) The recharge rate is slow
2) Having to change in melee between flame and wristblaster is counter-intuitive to new, and even veteran players

2.5) I could swear the crosshair is inaccurate and it still fires in its old triangle Predator shoulder mounted gun style way, at long range at least. I'm using dynamic crosshair so that might have to do with my experiences
3) According to the force point drain google doc, the base FP drain is 10.95, I don't know how multipliers work since I'm an unintelligent, mentally challenged and deprived manchild, but people tell me that amounts to a drain of 30-40 (???? I've seen people deflect 4 shots in a row)
5) The weapon blows up at the last shot despite having no distinct warning sound when overheating or any visual queue (I know this would be hard (other than checking your HUD in the middle of a hectic fight))
6) Costing 10 points for a weapon that might blow up in your face is an easy wasted 10 points and food for people to never try to use it ever, outside of memes and high skill players who know exactly what to do with it.

Long story short: There's literally no incentive to buy it with flamethrower being over all better, more versatile, and not requiring to change to melee to change weapon mode during a heated fight, pun intended. (The only downside is its use of a resource you spent points in to)

So, here's some suggestions:
1) Get rid of the thing exploding in your face like a piece of shit electronics made by Yarvik or Archos.
2) Lower FP drain if it's really that high, and give it a tiny bit faster recharge rate.
3) Due to the previous suggestions, I feel that the cap for shooting consecutively should be a maximum of 3
4) Edit: Damage is apparently 50 according to the google doc, making it an unlimited ammo resource I would highly suggest lowering the damage a bit. Maybe to the damage of Pistol 3?
5) Edit 2: Maybe we need to explore wristblaster being a weapon in your arsenal like pistol and ee3.
Maybe we could make it a held item like bacta tank or the visors. If the latter, there really needs to be an actual indicator of you having an item in your inventory.

Continuation of point 5 in all it's off-topicness: This has always been a problem in the base Jedi Knight games since Dark Forces, where you don't have a clear overview of what you have in your backpack. Even Full-Authentic mode really struggles with this fact, and is for me, one of the reasons I rarely play this mode! This would definetely prove challenging to implement I'm sure-- this implementation however could be the start of more useable items on maps in open mode, as per example: some cases with bacta tanks in them at spawn points.

Bonus: Please don't even think about locking away one of the two options if you buy one of them to avoid weapon change mode stuff. We still need our troll builds!

So that's it. Please have violent discussions and wish death and destruction upon eachother. For Mandalore!

Edit: I got the FP drain spreadsheet from K4far on the Discord: link HERE.

Feel free to move thread to gameplay subforum, but I thought it'd get more attention here.

Last edited:

Smee

Banned
I believe the drain is around 25 per shot.

The standard westar pistol drains nearly half that, meaning that if you have duel wield pistols it makes more sense to just fire both at the same time and do nearly as much drain, while being able to fire more than 4 times in quick succession

Removing the stupid delay before firing was a good move but the devs need to do more to make the wrist laser useful. Removing the exploding mechanism would make sense, or increasing the number of shots before breaking

Maybe even just make it come with the manda by default, because in no way is the WL as worthy of 10 class points as the FT is

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I've already stated my various opinions about Wrist Blaster to Tempest many times before... I wonder if it's worth restating them here? Here's them briefly: as far as i care it just needs reload and "last shot warning" noises, and it needs its aim code drastically simplified to be "a consistent straight line" (like every other gun) instead of "dynamically calculated" (from wrist to melee crosshair, unreliably). The dynamic crosshair in Melee should line up with that straight line when WB is equipped; it's fine if the crosshair is inaccurate with other guns equipped. Every gun has a different crosshair position, after all.

Aside from those "usability" changes, I'd say it'd just need a change to its FP drains to make it reliable and more worthy than Westar Pistol spam: What if it simply literally always drained 35 FP on hit, regardless of range or blocking state?

Hey, hello there. I know we've had a thread by Smee in 2017 about it, but nothing much of actual discussion.
So, I don't know how it'll be in the new patch.
But as it stands now, I feel like the wristblaster is absolutely beyond ass.

And here's why:
1) The recharge rate is slow
2) Having to change in melee between flame and wristblaster is counter-intuitive to new, and even veteran players

2.5) I could swear the crosshair is inaccurate and it still fires in its old triangle Predator shoulder mounted gun style way, at long range at least. I'm using dynamic crosshair so that might have to do with my experiences
3) According to the force point drain google doc, the base FP drain is 10.95, I don't know how multipliers work since I'm an unintelligent, mentally challenged and deprived manchild, but people tell me that amounts to a drain of 30-40 (???? I've seen people deflect 4 shots in a row)
5) The weapon blows up at the last shot despite having no distinct warning sound when overheating or any visual queue (I know this would be hard (other than checking your HUD in the middle of a hectic fight))
6) Costing 10 points for a weapon that might blow up in your face is an easy wasted 10 points and food for people to never try to use it ever, outside of memes and high skill players who know exactly what to do with it.

Long story short: There's literally no incentive to buy it with flamethrower being over all better, more versatile, and not requiring to change to melee to change weapon mode during a heated fight, pun intended. (The only downside is its use of a resource you spent points in to)

So, here's some suggestions:
1) Get rid of the thing exploding in your face like a piece of shit electronics made by Yarvik or Archos.
2) Lower FP drain if it's really that high, and give it a tiny bit faster recharge rate.
3) Due to the previous suggestions, I feel that the cap for shooting consecutively should be a maximum of 3
4) Edit: Damage is apparently 50 according to the google doc, making it an unlimited ammo resource I would highly suggest lowering the damage a bit. Maybe to the damage of Pistol 3?
5) Edit 2: Maybe we need to explore wristblaster being a weapon in your arsenal like pistol and ee3.
Maybe we could make it a held item like bacta tank or the visors. If the latter, there really needs to be an actual indicator of you having an item in your inventory.

Continuation of point 5 in all it's off-topicness: This has always been a problem in the base Jedi Knight games since Dark Forces, where you don't have a clear overview of what you have in your backpack. Even Full-Authentic mode really struggles with this fact, and is for me, one of the reasons I rarely play this mode! This would definetely prove challenging to implement I'm sure-- this implementation however could be the start of more useable items on maps in open mode, as per example: some cases with bacta tanks in them at spawn points.

Bonus: Please don't even think about locking away one of the two options if you buy one of them to avoid weapon change mode stuff. We still need our troll builds!

So that's it. Please have violent discussions and wish death and destruction upon eachother. For Mandalore!

Edit: I got the FP drain spreadsheet from K4far on the Discord: link HERE.

Feel free to move thread to gameplay subforum, but I thought it'd get more attention here.

tl;dr

I think getting rid of the explosion thing is key. I hate having to spend 10 points for something I have to be worried about just dissapearing.
Also yes, I agree it needs a complete change. There's practically no time for using it against a jedi. I think what would be an interesting concept is maybe have this:

It drains 25 fp no matter whether the jedi is blocking, running, far, or close. It's just a perfect, completely solid fp drain. This allows you to use it in any situation to try and support your team and have that jedi be suprised. By doing so, we also need to slow down the fire rate to about 1.5 seconds so there's not a 75 fp drain in 2 seconds.

I'll add something else:

Maybe we could make the blaster bolt that comes out of the wrist laser almost like a projectile-rifle speed. This can allow people to choose the wrist blaster to be reliable, and not miss then have wasted so much time.
Or not, because aiming actually takes skill.

I'll add something else:

Maybe we could make the blaster bolt that comes out of the wrist laser almost like a projectile-rifle speed. This can allow people to choose the wrist blaster to be reliable, and not miss then have wasted so much time.
Or not, because aiming actually takes skill.

After being sick for a few days I'm back to terrorize the forums. It would actually be really cool if Mandalorian got the projectile rifle back in a spiritual successor like this. But as it stands now, if they upgrade the wristblaster, I do think Mandawhorian needs a nerf on the EE3 front.