Wookiee Force Resistance

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
So I'm sure it bothers most people, from a logical and gameplay perspective, that Strength 2 and 3 wookiees are basically immune to hostile force powers.

I just propose that instead of immunity they have a large resistance. An exception to all this would be during active Raging.

For example, a running wookiee which has been pushed will stagger backwards a step or two, like a slight stun. The opposite effect for pull, a step or two forward. Like they need to catch their balance while running.

For lightning I would think a reduced attack speed sufficient, rather than keeping it normal or disallowing attacks at all.
For grip perhaps the same effect depending on grip level and maybe an accuracy debuff as well.

This way they are still a very good counter but do not completely nullify the powers.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
What if they had the existing full immunity while NOT raging, and had the staggers while raging? :<

(i'm imagining a Sith expending all their FP spamming Push on a raged wookiee, saving his gunners from being steamrolled, but also making himself a huge target to the Wookiee's gunners)

What if they had the existing full immunity while NOT raging, and had the staggers while raging? :<

(i'm imagining a Sith expending all their FP spamming Push on a raged wookiee, saving his gunners from being steamrolled, but also making himself a huge target to the Wookiee's gunners)
doesn't make sense from a logical point of view since they're stronger when enraged

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
it does a bit if they're "less stable" while raged though.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Yeah but the wookiee needs to put himself out there to fill the rage bar in the first place. Basically deleting his reward isn't good. Also a raging wookiee is like a freight train, you don't try to stop it, you get out of the way!

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
meh, I'd personally like for it to have some kind of hard counter, because I'm salty about the entire concept of it, and the fact that, by getting one cheap kill on a total newbie, you can Rage through a bunch of good players.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
That's why this is a team game... Stick by your newbies and help them prevent that... Anyway, what I'm proposing would be a direct small nerf to the current way it is. It's all about tactics and awareness. If you just go about doing all your own thing you're going to lose. If you set up defensively then either the wook won't get his rage built up or he'll have to go in the open against multiple people focusing fire. It really isn't that hard to take down a wook if you treat it the right way. Change up your play style. Work together.

you don't try to stop it, you get out of the way!

2 Red hits can kill Enraged wooks with full of Hp. Of course you can still stop Freight train by having a bunch of trained solds/ET or good red users with you.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
2 Red hits can kill Enraged wooks with full of Hp. Of course you can still stop Freight train by having a bunch of trained solds/ET or good red users with you.
That's my point. Don't need a gimmick to stop them, just sensible tactics.

So what about the force immunity of SBD and Deka? Or that deka has no fall damage? Dunno man
Start a new thread about that, then. Doesn't belong here.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
I think it does. Why would rebs have 0 force resistant classes while imps get 2?
Right now strength 3 wooks are completely immune to all Sith powers save for the damage of lightning. SBD is resistant only when battery is high, they still get pushed or pulled just not knocked down. Droideka is immune to those but both are susceptible to mind trick by buying an upgrade and speed is very effective on both. I think there would be some sense with doing something to deka with powers since it happens in the movies but it's still a vehicle in game so I don't think it would work.

I really don't see a problem with the way it is now, why should it be changed? With good teamplay from Sith, imp teams can fairly well lock down any sort of team composition with lightning, grip, and push/pull/repulse, with the only wooks being able to put a stop to it (and even then its not a hard counter, as they're either a fury build with no bowcaster and vulnerable to gunners and sith who can hop, or a bowcaster wook with less health that is easier to kill by gunners and sith alike.)

Also consider that rebs have a class that can be force immune with 30 points spent, and imps have two classes that are mostly resistant for free, and reach full resistance for far fewer points (15?).