Why the Snipers are all range agile Gunners?

k4far

Banned
Donator
Bounty Hunter:
- finishes you off in the end game with darts,
- switching to melee is intimidating may halt the attack / make the opponent take cover,
- closes on players instead of sniping from a far, good for rushing with e11 or even a pistol,
- can easily roll away from under the swing, very fast get up,
- roaming in hordes (6 glowsticks on one team means around the same number of Snipers the other side),
- likes: dotf (the "most balanced map", eventually bridge of the commtower.)

Hero:
- way more team dependant than a BH:
  • lack of TD,
  • heal is for lolz in melee,
  • will try taking distance if he is alone and a force users is closing on him Bounty Hunter will engage and keep pushing, harrasing,
  • since the method of activating the dodge has changed that ability is less of then used.

Bounty Hunter is better than a Hero thanks to the damage he can muster in a short period of time - the skill set.

Let us get poison. How much was it was... 30 hp per dart? I do realize they only have 3 of those but, Snipers are supposed to give support and be highly dependant on the team. What annoys me especially you get hit by your own teammates throwing granades around and that pest just lands a random dart on you and gets a free kill. Rest of the time it is about camping one of bigger rooms (one of corners) and waiting from someone to show his back or staying hidden most of the game then running around collecting what is left.

Why is it so? Snipers easily outrun/overpower a newbie force users. Jedi/Sith are as popular as Bounty Hunter and Heroes. These two classes are so loved because when one of teams is stacked they get a ton of free kills from finishing people off and it is basically shooting to ducks while feeling immune themselves... number crushing the lesser side. They are just running ahead of Sith for these free kills.

I do not believe Snipers should be doing that. We have been focused on sabering for so long I deeply hope they will also receive some attention when saber mechanics are kinda set in the stone. Thanks for reading.

Eventually =/= Alternatively xD; (I will now proceed to make random obvious statement post to make it look civilized, but I just had to point out this polak england)

BH/Hero Sniper spam used to be much bigger problem in the past but combination of 1) everybody who played sniper quitting the game 2) basically removing fp drains on sniper shots 3) other gunner classes getting better (flinch clone/sbd; arc borderline overpowered as long as you have more accuracy than a drunk monkey; EEZ3 mando same as arc) sorted that out.

I would say that if poison didn't drain hp and/or halved instead of disabled fp regen + hero and bh had their movement speed swapped they would be in a perfect place right now. Well, hero could get some more interesting things to spend points on I guess; dodge is pretty garbage unless level 3; dash 2 doesn't really do anything; quickthrow is obsolete unless you mousewheel instead of bind switch and heal is just a boring skill that rarely ends up doing anything.