Why on earth is there no votekick features??

This is something I've really been wondering as I spend more time on duels servers, especially Legacy Duels. The laming is totally rampant and rarely are admins online to stop kids from going ballistic and stabbing everyone in the back repeatedly. Why is there no support for a votekick function to kick players from a server based on a popular vote?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
that sure is a question I don't have a good answer for, but

as a related piece of advice, if you go on the Discord there's @groups for admins for US/EU Official servers, {BG} servers, [FTG] servers, CB servers, and J| servers, meaning that if you need some adminning done and you're on any of those servers, you can easily message all the admins for that server (that hang out in Discord). Not sure if anyone ever actually uses this feature, but it exists.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
There is a voting option in game that includes kick votes. Most servers have it disabled though. That is partially because it needs some massive quality of life improvements to it. (g_allowvote 1 is the command)

isair

Donator
I'm looking to implement a better vote-kicking system on my servers soon, as automatic detection of possible lamers and kicking of highly probable ones have been a bit like chemotherapy.

I think an easy solution to the administrators having to spend too much time to keep things in order problem is implementing push notifications when laming or other issues are mentioned. It's very easy to do thanks to numerous easy to integrate push notification services out there. Though to take an action without going in the game the rcon password is needed, so for security reasons only the server owner would be able to take immediate action for a notification. For admins though, it's still better than waiting and watching in-game I believe.

qZEdIZt.jpg

Last edited:
Eh I asked the same thing years ago, but now I kinda see why not. It would be abuseable, a lot. This community can be great but it can also be unjust and unfriendly as well depending where you lurk around.

See Isar im suprised more hosting services dont have a better front panel for admins who dont want to be in game. I had that issue a lot when I ran gmod communities back in the day.
They need a utility that gives admins a view of the chatlogs and player list with some administrative abilities. Just not sure how or if they'd do such a thing.

And yeah Punk I see your point. I guess its just one of those grey areas.

I played on server where votekick was enabled and it didn't work because players on the other team didn't vote. Looks like they were happy with the troll mass tking their enemy. Even if they would vote for tkers there are more subtle ways of trolling that is not detectable by the other team. I think adding teamkick (where only the team votes) would be an improvement.

About abuse: it doesn't matter imo. If your whole team hates you and want to get rid of you, you can't really enjoy the game anyway.

I played on server where votekick was enabled and it didn't work because players on the other team didn't vote. Looks like they were happy with the troll mass tking their enemy. Even if they would vote for tkers there are more subtle ways of trolling that is not detectable by the other team. I think adding teamkick (where only the team votes) would be an improvement.

About abuse: it doesn't matter imo. If your whole team hates you and want to get rid of you, you can't really enjoy the game anyway.
true, open might work better than duel

Eazy E

Banned
aLittle server had a votekick system and it was easily abusable by trolls. One time I joined that server and there were 3 guys, all friends who didn't want anyone joining in on their private match, so they votekicked me and everyone else who tried to join. It only stopped when someone got a hold of one of the admins and they were all banned.