Why not have every player model available in duel mode?

Just a small suggestion, why not let players choose more than just the sith and jedi models in duel mode? I think being able to choose all characters/classes (excluding super battle droid, droideka, etc...) would definitely add more variety in terms of aesthetics in duel servers. A storm trooper or boba fett with a lightsaber isn't too strange considering you can choose them in vanilla.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Not a horrible Quality of Life idea, but I feel like limited programmer time could be spent improving other areas of MBII. Though that is up to those programmers if they would like to implement this.

Could be made easier if they had some sort of Open Mode / Duel mode class files, instead of having every single character hard coded. Players couldn't do any good for themselves changing it, as it would be cg and game( server ) sided. Changes could be made quick and easy, replacements would still happen the same way as always... but ofc, it would take time to do that too...

Not a horrible Quality of Life idea, but I feel like limited programmer time could be spent improving other areas of MBII. Though that is up to those programmers if they would like to implement this.
Have you guys ever talked about this internally?

Catlord Meow!

Donator
when i wanted a special skin for a special class Helix was so nice and made me a replacement for it, for example Akbar as jedi , you could try that but i don't got a clue how it works lol

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I don't really like this idea. I mean, really, Reelo dueling Ackbar? Jedi/Sith have the greatest model variety of any class already (leaning more toward Jedi of course).

I don't really like this idea. I mean, really, Reelo dueling Ackbar? Jedi/Sith have the greatest model variety of any class already (leaning more toward Jedi of course).
Most people playing don't take the game too seriously, not to mention most of the populated servers are open where two people can play as Darth Vader and Anakin on opposite teams so I couldn't imagine it bothering many people if it were to ever be implemented.

Pipexlul

R&D
Movie Battles II Team
I can see this being implemented in the future, but only jedi/sith model.
So much this, it would be like negative points towards the inmersion.

Models like bastila for example, could go well in duel mode.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Making every model in the game available to players in duel mode is fine, but it isn't ever going to happen in open mode. It would ruin the entire dynamic of the game to see Darth Vader running down the hallways of Deathstar with sniper rifle.

Making every model in the game available to players in duel mode is fine, but it isn't ever going to happen in open mode. It would ruin the entire dynamic of the game to see Darth Vader running down the hallways of Deathstar with sniper rifle.
No definitely, I'm only talking about duel mode. I just meant its not uncommon to see totally ridiculous scenarios in-game.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Most people playing don't take the game too seriously, not to mention most of the populated servers are open where two people can play as Darth Vader and Anakin on opposite teams so I couldn't imagine it bothering many people if it were to ever be implemented.
Those are still characters that wielded lightsabers. I don't recall IG88 having an epic lightsaber duel with Porkins.

Honestly, that example can be applied to what happens normally anyway.. Anakin vs Maul... Mace Windu vs Shadow Trooper... Lightsaber only characters, okay that is fine. But many of these characters didn't really duel eachother either so that point is moot. Kyle Katarn Vs Darth Vader before the suit.... yeah.