What is the 'goal' behind Legends as a mode? And why aren't you following it -_-

Lee

OPen mode: a mode where u can play all the classes and skins from the movies in a 'balanced' teambased objective based gamemode
Full-authentic: something about being authentic in terms of skins and then ruining everything with an idiotic need to balance. Also dumbing gameplay down to 1 weapon per class.
Super-Open-Mode(SOM): 'Used to be' about taking openmode and giving everyclass full points and as many more weapons/lives/things as possible with breaking cannon.

Legends: At first it seemed to be some kind of full authentic mode where things were actually approaching authentic, and u got allllll the choices on every map. Now it seems to be just "hey I made this crazy stupid weapon or thing and I want other people to seee it, oh hey here toss it in my gamemode, we'll ship it to everyone, it'll be lulz".

I don't think the first argument for legends holds true if you look at things like r2d2 atm..."wtf?" is kind of an understatement for the disease infesting this mode. But maybe I'm just interpreting the mode wrongfully, so perhaps the creators can outline the 'mission statement' for this mode so I can better appreciate what the helll is happening here.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Legends: At first it seemed to be some kind of full authentic mode where things were actually approaching authentic, and u got allllll the choices on every map. Now it seems to be just "hey I made this crazy stupid weapon or thing and I want other people to seee it, oh hey here toss it in my gamemode, we'll ship it to everyone, it'll be lulz".

I don't think the first argument for legends holds true if you look at things like r2d2 atm..."wtf?" is kind of an understatement for the disease infesting this mode. But maybe I'm just interpreting the mode wrongfully, so perhaps the creators can outline the 'mission statement' for this mode so I can better appreciate what the helll is happening here.
I believe it also depends on what version of Legends are you playing. Since it can be modded, you may actually be playing something custom-made, that can affect your experience with it. This was the case with me playing on the EU Legends server. It was balls-to-the-wall craziness, which is a less toned down in the official variant.

The core mission statement for me when kicking off the project was to provide people with a universal sandbox to have fun within the MB2 framework with good third party customization options. The secondary goal was to imitate games like League of Legends or Overwatch by introducing the concept of "hero" characters while providing movie-accurate characters to play as.

I think statement 1 has been successful and I hope it'll be even more so over time with modders finding just how powerful it is. Statement 2 can be debated, because statement 1 is partly at odds with it.

In that sense your argument is valid. It is far less defined than Open or Full Auth.

However, you can open up the character config files and make your own variant and host your own server. The .mbch files are fairly easy to modify if you're familiar with other JKA files like .efx, .npc or .sab. There is also a pretty comprehensive guide on how to work with them in the MB2 wiki :)

With that said, I think Yesletterz hits the nail on the head. Legends is dope.