What is everyone's opinion about cyan?

IMO Cyan needs to be removed its very unbalanced. First of all the style is unfair to people with high ping fighting the style, Second of all its just spam and doesn't take much skill to use. I really want to hear everyone's opinion on it.

AaronAaron

Donator
Hey man, cyan is actually very underpowered (even worse than staff lmao) you need to learn how to fight it

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
It could definitely use some changes, but it's not completely unbeatable. It's a lot like Red used to be until it got nerfed like crazy. As much as I feel for people with high ping, it should not be used as a reason to remove a feature.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
IMO Cyan needs to be removed its very unbalanced. First of all the style is unfair to people with high ping fighting the style, Second of all its just spam and doesn't take much skill to use. I really want to hear everyone's opinion on it.

Cyan is only slightly stronger than yellow, and it's only because of the Perfect Parry perk. It is ridiculously easy to kill 90% of cyan users that you will ever face. Blue and Staff are *much* stronger than cyan.

Just learn to deal with it, or start using it yourself.

It's easy to beat imo, since new players used it mostly, but at the same time it's annoying to fight against a cyan user. My initial opinion of cyan is that it's cancerous. I would much rather fight a skilled yellow user any day than to put up with wasting my time fighting a cyan using madman.

Now, it doesn't have to be removed though.

As someone who doesn't know how to duel I had more success turning my brain off and spamming swings with cyan than I did creating an Anki deck to memorise SeV's dueling guide and trying to meticulously use yellow.

You are probably right that there is something to cyan that makes it a menace. I don't know what it is, because I don't really understand the system. I wouldn't call for its removal, however. I'd sooner see the developers create some harmony between all these stances. I like the idea of variety.

As a bit of trivia, with cyan's stationary D swing, the animation causes you to lunge forward. There it has both more range and speed than red. At least it was this way when I tried it on a dummy. This will probably have no practical application in dueling, but it is amusing.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
As someone who doesn't know how to duel I had more success turning my brain off and spamming swings with cyan than I did creating an Anki deck to memorise SeV's dueling guide and trying to meticulously use yellow.

You are probably right that there is something to cyan that makes it a menace. I don't know what it is, because I don't really understand the system. I wouldn't call for its removal, however. I'd sooner see the developers create some harmony between all these stances. I like the idea of variety.

As a bit of trivia, with cyan's stationary D swing, the animation causes you to lunge forward. There it has both more range and speed than red. At least it was this way when I tried it on a dummy. This will probably have no practical application in dueling, but it is amusing.

The reason why people are having trouble with Cyan, is not because it is a strong style, but because it requires a different mindset to beating it. Cyan is like a frame-trapper in a fighting game, it can't really hurt you, unless you play into it.

Cyan does almost no damage unless YOU make the mistake. If you just play patiently, and react accordingly, managing your ACM, Cyan is literally useless against you.

Obviously you're going to stomp people that constantly make mistakes with Cyan, but against anyone half-way decent that plays patiently, you're going to get shit on.

Cyan is good for stuffing swing combos and it's the best counter I have for cats who can mblock the shit out of me, I think it's fine personally