What are some tips for new players to give them slight advantages?

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
What are some tips that you can give a new player to help them not only be better at the game, but to keep playing and try to overcome the immense learning curve that MBII carries? A lot of players get aggravated due to the nature of the game. This leads them to stop playing or get angry. What are some things that you as experienced players want tell new players to keep them interested and or make them better?

My advice would be to try all the classes with the same am mount of eagerness as you do Jedi/Sith. I get that you want to be the mysterious lightsaber wielding hero, but it is a hard class to play and takes time, and understanding of other classes. You might learn that you like playing the gunner classes more and if you don't, you can still find it's weaknesses.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
My advice for learning sabering is to hang around duel servers, and find high level saberists to teach you. I personally teach sabering every now and then on CB|Training Room

As for open mode, it's literally just experience. Ask questions about what killed you and why. MB2 is a strange game, natural skills are substantially less important compared to just having knowledge.

And read the library *thoroughly*. It will save you, and other players, a lot of headache.

Last edited:
A couple of tips I havent seen in most of the guides:

- When playing as Jedi/Sith you need to have in mind there are gunner team mates behind you, try not to get in the way. If you are in a corridor advance in a straight line, if you zig-zag you will get team killed.

- When playing as gunner dont shoot Jedi/Sith that arent near. If they are far away you dont drain their force at all. They will deflect those shots into you or your team mates.

- When playing as gunner dont use rockets or grenades againts Jedi/Sith enemy. Its super easy to push back into you or your team mates.

Have fun and see you ingame.