•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server VPS hosted server doesn't show up

hey o/

I know there are some posts like mine but can't fix my problem with them.

I got myself a VPS so i wanted to play a bit with it and have my own MBII server :)

I followed the main guide on how to host your MBII server on linux, everything is working, i can connect to my server if i had the IP manually but i can't find it on the server list ingame ( but it is showing on this list Movie Battles II Server List ) So what information do you need to help me ? ( the name is Legato's place FA )

Thanks o/

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
what have you set your sv_master1, sv_master2, etc to? one of them must be master.moviebattles.org:

Code:
seta sv_master1 "master.moviebattles.org"

// Additional master servers to report to
seta sv_master1 "master.moviebattles.org" // Master servers - do not alter unless you know what you are doing.
seta sv_master2 "master.jkhub.org"
seta sv_master3 ""
seta sv_master4 ""
seta sv_master5 ""

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
your server shows up in the ingame server list. Make sure you don't have any filters at the top (view empty: yes, etc)

If the server isn't showing up, i recommend you to check first your computer(Firewalls or any "antivirus" software), and if nothing changes, check your device that allows you to connect to the Internet.(Virtual Server, Port Forwarding and relatives).
If nothing works, i could send you my server configs (They are in spanish, but they have guidelines by default in english ;) )

Viserys, you can see my server ingame ?

Maybe it's because i'm using OSX to run MBII and there's some problem with that, i'll try with windows if i can see my server in the list..

YourMother i can manage, just i can't see on the ingame list for no reason :/

EDIT : I can't see my server but everyone can haha so i guess that's not really a huge problem ..
RTV has been set up, logs were generated in root user directory in .ja/MBII/ folder

Last edited: