Voice Command Replacer with movie sounds (version 5)

Discussion in 'Modification & Media' started by a douchebag, Mar 3, 2016.

1. a douchebag

a douchebag

Some of you may remember a few years ago I put out a voice command sound replace pack that changes the generic voice command sounds with audio clips from the movies. I've updated it for the latest version and tested it, works like a charm, and I've updated with some of the new voice commands that are available. I wasn't able to replace EVERY sound, mostly the class specific ones are the same as before (with a couple exceptions, Admiral Piett will inform you there are bounty hunters, and whether their scum is welcome or not, and instead of saying 'Wookiee!' you just growl like one).

For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, this mod will change all the voice commands in the game. Hitting Reply: Yes will now play a sound clip of a battle droid saying 'Roger roger' instead of the gruff clone (i guess he's a clone) saying 'Yes!' It will change almost all of them, and it really adds a lot of fun to the game, IMO. I've hated playing without it and I'm glad I bothered to fix it up so I can use it again xD

Here's the link:

z_voicecommandchangesv5.pk3

Installation is simple, just drop the .pk3 file in your GameData/MBII folder.

2. M@crobyte

[email protected]

Thanks, I'll have to give this a try. Someone had mentioned this the other day about how models should have individual sounds.

3. a douchebag

a douchebag

It's not for individuals. The sounds will be the same on Rebs/Imps, male or female. It's POSSIBLE to do what you're asking, I tried it once, but it was way too much work and frankly, not enough sounds for characters. Like, I could do that for Luke, Han, Obi-Wan and Vader, but other than that the characters don't have enough lines to fill up all the voice commands (there are a lot of them).

4. Spaghetti

Spaghetti overcooked pasta Movie Battles II Team Retired

Unfortunately per-model voice commands were broken when the custom MBII voice commands were implemented (technically this was a base bug-feature thing).

5. a douchebag

a douchebag

Ah, just as well I didn't try to do that, I would've been bashing my head against the wall trying to figure out why it wouldn't work.

6. bond214

bond214

file is not on server anymore my friend.

7. TinyNinja

TinyNinja

Please update the file, or create a new version. I'd love to use this!

8. aragorn

aragorn

Any update on the voice command mod? If not, can someone please recommend one?

9. GoodOl'Ben

GoodOl'Ben Nerd Donator Moderator Movie Battles II Team

Should be unfixed. :')

10. SneakDissing

SneakDissing

So wait, can I use this now?

11. SchizoStyle

SchizoStyle

Can you reupload this again?

12. Spaghetti

Spaghetti overcooked pasta Movie Battles II Team Retired

Someone would have to go through and add a modeldata.cfg for each model to make these work again, but it is possible now.

13. kenku

kenku

any chance of this download getting fixed? it seems cool and i'd love to use it.

14. Nex

Nex EU Official Server Admin

I remember using this back in the days, it was great movie-like experience. Any chance the file is still obtainable from somewhere?

15. GoodOl'Ben

16. SneakDissing

SneakDissing

4 questions

1) What the FUCK is jek porkins vchat?
    2) Who the FUCK is jek porkins vchat?
    3) How the FUCK is jek porkins vchat?

And finally,
    4) just why, mate?

17. Lessen

Lessen Childpuncher Movie Battles II Team

I can't tell at all if you're asking a question or making a convoluted joke, but on the off-chance you're asking a question, I would say that that's a pack that makes it so Jek Porkins has character-specific voice commands. No idea where he could've gotten enough sound files for it to be anywhere near half-decent though, I'm just slightly too lazy to actually open up the .pk3 file and check for myself at this exact moment. Although it would take, like, five seconds.

Cool project.

18. SneakDissing

SneakDissing

Ah, you're one of those literal dudes

[insert triggered reply below]

Lessen likes this.
  19. SchizoStyle

SchizoStyle

FileShare is shit. You have to wait over a hour for download other stuff and the download speed is 70 kb. I mean 70 FAKN KB? Thats a joke.

Upload that stuff on www.mega.nz

20. GoodOl'Ben

Assistance/Troops/Sniper: "Got a problem here!"
    Defend Primary/Defend Secondary/Hold position: "I can hold it!"
    No: "NOOO IM ALLRIGHT"
    Roger: "Red Six standing by!"

I'll reupload again I guess once I've merged them all into one... A bit busy today.