•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[EXPIRED] VM_Create on UI failed

Hello i want to report terrible crash issue which doesnt allow me to play.After when i wanted to join my game immediately closes and then in console is written this->

handle 1: music/ThemeMusicB19.mp3
----------------------
160134 files in pk3 files
Loading dll file ui.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm.
Failed.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
VM_Create on UI failed

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Does this happen every time, so you cannot play at all? Or it's just randomly occurs from time to time?

If it's persistent, try following:

Right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.
Delete files "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" from these folders:
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData"
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData\base"
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"

Do you have "AMD's Gaming Evolved Raptr App", "Razor Game Booster" or some other game recording software running?
If you do, disable it.
[SOLVED] - "AMD's Gaming Evolved Raptr App" cause for the error "VM_Create on UI failed" with JAMP and Steam

Also, disable any kind of anti-viruses you have.

As last resort, switch to MBII Client:
MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.

If this error pop-ups after you were able to play normally for some time, there is not a lot we can do about it.
That's either a bug of game engine, or mod itself, or Intel videocard drivers.
The only possible solutions in this case are switching to MBII Client and/or getting NVIDIA/AMD card (NOT Intel!).
Though it won't harm to try everything from 'persistent' section of this post, indeed.