US PUGs / TEAM LEAGUE START

US PUGs starting this weekend. Ego’s optional, fun isn’t.

It’s been awhile since we’ve had some of these. We’re going to start testing the water for how much the NA population is open to these matches again. For those familiar PUGs are pick up games, where two captains pick from the available roster of players and build teams that then play in structured try hard matches.

The nature of PUGs is open to anyone, vet or brand new test your mettle as a teammate, with and against your friends. These matches will have a simple and fair format.

• 1 class limit
  • Teams will play 5 rounds on each side of the map.
  • Maps will vary if we do multiple matches, expect unorthodox maps such as Corellia, Echo Base, etc.

tR will be hosting this, feel free to drop by whoever you are, aliased or not you’re welcome to play in the matches. Though be sure to understand captains will pick based on what they know in building their roster, so a name might help!

If this goes well enough we’ll see about making a sort of team league, or more consistent timeframes for these, as well as brushing up the rules as things progress.

If you’re interested drop your alias and availability in this:

Doodle: PUGS by [tR] (-5 Timezone, US EAST)

The -5 GMT is the timezone this doodle is scheduled under.

And we’ll announce the best time for this weekend within the next day or two. Hosted at
zmiYfup.png

IP: 173.234.31.114:25114

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
If you're doing a league, does that mean there's going to be ranks/ratings for players based on results/whatever factors?

Would also probably be worth for people to consider putting classes they do(n't) prefer to play to possibly help captains sort rosters out.

I'd love to see a league ranking system come up based on team performance. We need to see how many people are interested period. We'll start with PUGs and then graduate to team showdowns. I was bouncing the idea of teams being 4-6 players with scheduled times for competition between other teams playing matches of 4v4 up to 6v6. The reason I designate [TEAMS] instead of [CLANS] is that teams are easier to form, one clan could feasibly have multiple teams, and those teams could play each other for practice, or in the league if it gets on it's feet.

As for what classes you are capable / willing to play well sure, post here that's not a bad idea.

Me personally?
Scrim experience with:
Soldier/ET/Clone
Secondary: All other gunner classes
Doesn't like to play: Jedi/Sith/SBD/Deka

zane

US Official Server Admin
Scrim experience with:
Gunner
Secondary: All other gunner classes
Doesn't like to play: Jedi/Sith/SBD/Deka

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Only had scrim experience when i was in Divine
Main Classes: Soldier, Deka, ARC, Mando
Secondary: (Most to least preferred) ET, QT Hero, SBD, Commander, Clone
Doesn't like to play: Jedi/Sith/BH

Scrim experience with:
None
Primary: Clone/Mando
Secondary: Jedi/Sith
Doesn't like to play: Soldier

Scrim experience with: None
Primary: ARC/Hero
Secondary: (Most to least preferred) BH, Clone, ET, Mando, Droids, Soldier, Commander
Doesn't like to play: Jedi/Sith

i have no scrim exspericence in scrim setting but i am the best NA player at all classes so it dont matter what class im on

Alright so looks like Saturday 5-9pm (est, -5) is our best time. So we will set up for 5. Even if you didn't sign up feel free to show up. Will provide a discord with separate channels for team coordination later today.