Fixed Update completely broken on mac

Just downloaded the update, dragged it into my Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy gamedata like previous installs&patches. Launched using Jedi Academy MP launcher for OS X

However after the Penekepack loading screen, the game menu launches into the original JKJA menu. I can then search for active multiplayer games, but when I try to join any game it crashes

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Important: To users with the current Peneke (or other large replacement packs) installed, remove those from your MBII folder otherwise you will experience crashes. We strongly recommend waiting for compatibility updates from pack creators as necessary before attempting use.

Same here. The new title graphic is shown and the intro plays but it defaults to Jedi Academy's menu. There's an error in the console about the menu not being found.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Our regular Mac build runner had a fateful encounter with dihydrogen monoxide just before the final build, so we had to use an alternative. Which apparently is not working well. Sorry!

We will try to get a working replacement going but Mac support is getting harder and harder to maintain as time goes on.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
However after the Penekepack loading screen, the game menu launches into the original JKJA menu. I can then search for active multiplayer games, but when I try to join any game it crashes
Can you share a screenshot of the console after loading to the base JKA menu?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 10.13.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 10.13.08 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 316
Our regular Mac build runner had a fateful encounter with dihydrogen monoxide just before the final build, so we had to use an alternative. Which apparently is not working well. Sorry!

We will try to get a working replacement going but Mac support is getting harder and harder to maintain as time goes on.
Yes, I am having the same problem as previously stated. While launching MBII it shows the new title screen as well as the following MBII Logo Graphic and loads into JKJA, but when you go to set up > Load MBII MOD, It will play the title screens again but load you back into JKJA Menus.

Any idea how long it will be till we get an updated File or Fix?

Here's some more screenshots incase it helps narrow things down. Mine doesn't show an issue with the menu file being found, but is reverted to base regardless.

Sorry to hear about the dihydrogen monoxide attack, I usually need lots of dicarbon sexhydrogen monoxide to get through the holidays.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 7.10.09 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 7.10.09 PM.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 287
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 7.09.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 7.09.19 PM.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 261
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 7.09.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 7.09.10 PM.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 260
I am literally having the same issue since I am on mac as well. And yes It Is only the Default screen fix plz!!111 i want to get back to dueling!!!
Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 9.20.58 AM.png

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
I have attached an untested fix. If you are on a Mac please replace your MBII_Mac.pk3 with it and let us know whether it works or not.

Attachments

• MBII_Mac.pk3
    1.7 MB · Views: 603

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
It works now! Also please include it in the full 1.6 download for people who don't check the forums
It will take a little while to update the full downloads but for now I've put a link to it on the page. It will be superseded whenever the first general patch for 1.6 comes out anyway.

Thank you Spaghetti!! And oh my god, excellent work on this update! I feel like I can refer new players to it now and not have to walk each of them through everything

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Thank you Spaghetti!! And oh my god, excellent work on this update! I feel like I can refer new players to it now and not have to walk each of them through everything
It was all @redsaurus, I'm just the messenger, but thanks and I hope you have fun with the update!

sounds good, papa is on a vacation right now i will test this when i arrive back home. it wont be long my children