Unlagged netcode in MB2 [netcode]

Not sure if anybody is going to bother with this, but implementing this would improve gameplay quality A LOT. Basically what this allows is to have truly unlagged hitscan weapons and much more. If you have your crosshair on somebody and shoot it will always register as a hit without any delay. No more leading targets or waiting that extra time to get a hit with disruptor). I'm pretty sure all competitive players would love to have this.

Here's something I've found that might help to implement this:
Code3Arena
"Lag" Compensation Technique

Cheers :))

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
There's a "hitscan proj" in the mb2_commtower FA that feels like it might work this way, but I might've just always played with low ping. Like, I've used ruptor and there's always some sense of delay to it (although I can't tell how much of that is lag in the sound and visual effects). The Hitscan Proj feels extremely responsive.

imayhavenoideawhati'mtalkingabout

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
There's a "hitscan proj" in the mb2_commtower FA that feels like it might work this way, but I might've just always played with low ping. Like, I've used ruptor and there's always some sense of delay to it (although I can't tell how much of that is lag in the sound and visual effects). The Hitscan Proj feels extremely responsive.

imayhavenoideawhati'mtalkingabout

I believe you are tos ome extent correct. I recall Qwerty talking something about Disruptor having a slight firing delay. Possibly related to how Disruptor always reacts on Mouse Up while Projectile Rifle reacts to Mouse Down. This alone adjusts the experience slightly of course, but there was something a bit more intricate to it. Can't point my finger at it though.

However, hitscan proj does not work in the way this Unlagged works. Unlagged is employing similar concepts as modern games like Overwatch and CSGO do. They choose to give the shooter the advantage with hitscan weapons despite the lag they have. So if the shooter sees someone somewhere and shoots at him and the hitscan lands on his frame, it will actually cause the server to compensate its own trajectory to damage the recipient.

This of course does cause some reverse issues of lag compensation ending up being the receiver's death.

Something interesting to watch. Starts at 7:00