•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server Unable to make a server over the internet

I have been trying to host a server for some time now but I have never been able to get it working apart from LAN. I have seen LoU's guide, and others, but I still can't get it to work. After looking at the CMD when I run the batch file to start the server, it only shows my local IP which is different to what others have shown (they have their public IP too), this leads me to suspect that I have not port forwarded correctly. I have fiddled around in my router's settings but I still had the same problems. It seemed to work okay when I port forwarded Minecraft in the same way.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• cmd.png
    cmd.png
    73 KB · Views: 178

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Indeed it's gonna show your internal IP if you're behind NAT. You need to port forward correctly if you want to get server working.
Instead of saying "never been able to get it working" post screenshots of port forwarding settings (all of them!) as well as screenshot of console where open port message is visible. An example of such screenshot:
e399161b7a6f.png

Here are my port forwarding settings and a screenshot of console with the open port message.
Also, just to check that I've got the right server starting batch file, the contents are:
"jampDed.exe + set fs_game "MBII" + set net_port 29070 + exec server.cfg". I just thought that it might be handy to know, in case there is a mistake in it.
Thankyou for replying btw.

Attachments

• portforwarding.png
    portforwarding.png
    144 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Your missing this in your command line +set dedicated 2

Replace it with this
jampDed.exe +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 29070 +set fs_game MBII +exec server.cfg